JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't been on in a long time, so I'm probably a bit rusty at this, but I was going through an ammo can, taking inventory of what I had, and I came across a number of boxes of ammo that I picked up a while ago. I wasn't familiar with the markings, so I looked them up and there is a bunch of write-ups about this ammo, 8M3 "effect".

I was thinking about selling it to buy more bulk x39, but I can't find any info on what it may be valued at. It's the kind that has a hollow point and segments or striations on the inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll try and include a picture of one of the boxes…

7F509ADC-DB87-4FA3-A495-9ADC2BDF7E0D.jpeg

Its Ulyanovsk ammo. Russian made. Good luck finding any.
I have a fair few boxes. Just wondering if they're worth more than Wolf or Tula and if so, is it like a 2:1? Just wondering cause I'm looking to increase my plinking stores and thought that might be a possible way.

On the flip side, I have a bunch of blister packaged x39 that I think turns out to be some '80s or 90s German made, plastic filled practice ammo. I'm guessing those aren't hardly worth the plastic they're packaged in, lol.

I have a fair few boxes. Just wondering if they're worth more than Wolf or Tula and if so, is it like a 2:1? Just wondering cause I'm looking to increase my plinking stores and thought that might be a possible way.

On the flip side, I have a bunch of blister packaged x39 that I think turns out to be some '80s or 90s German made, plastic filled practice ammo. I'm guessing those aren't hardly worth the plastic they're packaged in, lol.
Youd be surprised. 7.62X39 from Russia was already on the chopping block then the silly Russians decided to shoot themselves in the foot and invade Ukraine now its anyones guess if we will ever see Russian imports. Plinking ammo is all the same s dont get too hung up on the brand. For a while there you could get reladable brass case Serbian ammo for cheaper than steel case Russian. Herd mentality.

Anyway that diamond in the lower center says "GAS" transliterated from the Cyrillic. Thats the trademark for the Ulyanovsk plant. You pick up Cyrillic fast if youve ever bothered to learn Greek plus you prety much have to riding the trains around St Petersurg.

1.5 to 1 ratio might be possible.

Subs are the only x39 round that consistently sells for.80/1.00 per round.

Yours might fetch .60/.75
Yeah thats funny. I get all sorts of crap for building a 300 BO AK. "I can buy 190 grain 7.62X39 Russian subs for less than a buck a round. Your AK is just extra steps ". I can load 300 BO 220 grain for about 45 cents a round in a wide variety of bullet choices. "Yeah but 300 BO sucks". Face Palm.

I have a crap-ton of Uly rounds cached. It's decent stuff so you may want to hang onto what you have…. "just in case".
I might. I have about 600 rounds of it, so not a ton, and I do have a bunch of plinking ammo already. The kids do enjoy shooting it though, so the more plinking ammo I could store up, the better.

8M3 "effect" ammo is pretty rare these days and you're probably not going to ever see it imported into the states again, especially once the ammo contracts by US imports expires and imports from Russia are banned, but you never know. Wolf, an importer out of CA is still importing Ulyanovsk mfg. 7.62 x 39 ammunition into the states, mainly the Wolf labeled Yellow Box copper jacketed range safe ammo, so who knows what might turn up. The 8M3 effect ammo usually goes for a little more than your standard FMJ because of what it is but not much, personally I would hang on to the stuff as it's a pretty nasty rd. expansion wise and you will never replace it cost wise.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top