JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I just opened a 550 round tin of Chinese Steel Core AP ammo. I am keeping 50 rounds for myself and have the other 500 for sale. It is on 10 round stripper clips wrapped in paper. This is berdan primed steel case ammo. I'm in Beaverton, OR and would prefer FTF. But i'm willing to ship if you pay all shipping fees. I'm asking $325 for all 500 or if you want to buy smaller increments i'll sell 10 round stripper clips for $7.50 each. I'm interested in trade for 9mm, 44 mag, 44 special, 22lr, 7.62x39 regular ammo, 45acp, AR15 parts( i have a stripped lower), 10/22 parts or gun, other??? Let me know what you have. Prices are best offer.

Here are some pics
Here's the bullet torn apart and you can see the steel core
Capture.png

steelcoremagnet.png

steelcoresideview.png

headstamp.png

ammocan.png

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

steelcoremagnet-1.jpg

Not entirely, Factory 31 made both steel core and lead core. Just so you know - that magnet test doesn't work because of the jacket.

Have you by chance, pulled a bullet on one of these? The steel core will be boat tailed, while the lead core will be flat ended and somewhat shorter.

Not entirely, Factory 31 made both steel core and lead core. Just so you know - that magnet test doesn't work because of the jacket.

Have you by chance, pulled a bullet on one of these? The steel core will be boat tailed, while the lead core will be flat ended and somewhat shorter.

I'll work on that, and post up pics soon.

According to this site it should be steel core.
http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1146681053

Only Chinese factories 31, 71, 311 and 351 made lead core ball. (maybe 61 also, but not sure)
Any other Chinese factory code will be steel core.
Lead core ball from 31 ALWAYS has a green case mouth seal.
Lead core ball from 71 ALWAYS has a knurled crimping groove on the projectile.
Lead core ball from 311 and 351 is harder to tell, but generally the rounds have NO case mouth seal or primer seal and date from 1991-1994
The earliest known lead core from 31 is 1990 dated.
The earliest known lead core from 71 is 1988 dated.

I hate to burst your bubble but you would be incorrect to say that this ammo you're selling is AP.
It is just Chinese steel core.
This ammo was cheaper to produce than a solid lead core ammo back in the day.
It penetrate better than a solid lead core bullet but not by much.
It is good ammo though and it is banned from import now.

Please see this link.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=56706.0

I'm sorry to sound like a jerk but many people don't know the difference in the two and I just wanted to point that out.

I hate to burst your bubble but you would be incorrect to say that this ammo you're selling is AP.
It is just Chinese steel core.
This ammo was cheaper to produce than a solid lead core ammo back in the day.
It penetrate better than a solid lead core bullet but not by much.
It is good ammo though and it is banned from import now.

Please see this link.
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=56706.0

I'm sorry to sound like a jerk but many people don't know the difference in the two and I just wanted to point that out.

I know it's not "AP", but alot of people call it that and if someone is searching for it by that i want them to be able to find it. I've shot different thicknesses of steel plate and the steel core goes through about twice the thickness as lead core.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.