Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7.62x39 by the case

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by kcarnold, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kcarnold

kcarnold Cedar Mill(PDX), Or Member

Yugoslavian made, Brass case, 7.62x39 ammo $227/case of 1260 rounds.
    I need to order by end of next week, 10/21/2010. Please note the date change.
    Since another person asked Face To Face $227

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

is that corrosive? :huh:

3. benja455

benja455 Seattle, WA Member

The primer is "mildly" corrosive. Less corrosive than other surplus ammo but I still wouldn't let the firearm sit over night. With that said Yugo M67 ammo is well known to be some of the best 7.62x39 ammo ever made.

If the OP could bring some of that stuff up to Seattle/Tacoma, he'd have a guaranteed sale...especially at that price.

4. kcarnold

Sorry but that would be a money loser. :) Happy to ship at your expense. :)

5. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

PM sent, Id like a case

6. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Boxer or berdan primed?

7. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

dont see a huge advantage buying,shipping a case of corrosive ammo when you can pick up a case of golden tiger in portland for 189 out the door and its not corrosive.save your money! better yet save your gun! :)

8. kcarnold

Berdan primed.

9. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

i actually have a bunch of the yugo stuff.i save it for last ditch.no way i wanna deep clean my aks that much! its much easier to pay a penny a round more ,shoot non corrosive and you can let your rifle sit until you clean it,with the yugo it will eat your barrel ,bolt face etc. in a week! :laugh::laugh:

10. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Where can I get it at that price?

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    WAC member
    ACSWW member

11. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

i saw it at the expo gunshow yesterday.there were a couple guys selling at that price.might even find a better deal if you look carefully. check it out! nice day for a show.:)

12. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

What a fine job done Crapping in this guys for sale thread.... After these postings made and people read it, What is the chance of it getting sold...
    Have you heard of PM's or how about a discussion on ammo someplace else other than this guys thread... Negative info on Price, Negative Info on the product...NICE JOB...

Yugo Ammo is just fine, If you maintain your weapon as needed... Golden Tiger is good as steel case goes, If you want better performance, Less wear on the chamber Brass is the way to go... Yugo has a much more reliable ignition...

13. tiber1

tiber1 Portland New Member

These are 1260 round cases. Some of the best ammo you can really buy for a x39... But, since someone wanted to argue price.

A 1000 rnd case of GT at 189, plus $9 for the ticket and $8 for parking works out to be $206 or ¢20.6 a round. Even if you could somehow find it as a straight case it is still ¢18.9 a round.

A 1260 rnd case og Yugo is $227 or ¢18.1 cents a round.

Guess which is the money saver? Plus with Yugo you get a hotter, more accurate round.

14. adipose

adipose Warren Member

I heard all good things about the YUGO ammo.

That is a real good deal, I saw it a few months ago for about 20.00 more.

15. adipose

adipose Warren Member

Here is some more facts from a large wholesale outfit of ammo and what they had to say on this YUGO ammo. They actually want more for it and that does not include shipping.

They say this ammo is probably the best for AK's.

NOTE, WE HAVE FIRED THIS AMMO EXTENSIVELY AND THE CORROSIVE PROPRTIES SEEM TO BE VERY MILD AND LIMITED TO THE PRIMER ITSELF. IN FACT, WE HAVE EVEN STORED THE FIRED RIFLE WITHOUT CLEANING IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AFTER FIRING IT AND SAW NO INDICATION OF CORROSION ON ANY OF THE METAL SURFACES. NOR DOES IT HAVE THE STRONG SULFUR SMELL THAT MOST FOLKS ASSOCIATE WITH CORROSIVE AMMO. STILL, AS WITH ANY AMMO, WE
    ENCOURAGE YOU TO CLEAN YOUR WEAPON WITHIN A RESONABLE TIME AFTER FIRING.

16. jedi1354

jedi1354 downtown portland Member

do you still have any. i would be interested in a case on friday

17. kcarnold

I have not made a final order yet, so if ya want a case speak up.
    The ammo will not arrive for at least a week after ordering.

18. jedi1354

jedi1354 downtown portland Member

put me down for 1 case. i have never done a group buy so how do i pay. i assume i come pick it up in Hillsboro when it comes in

19. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Way to go SDR:thumbup:

I have personally used yugo ammo in my 7.62 AR and have had no negative effects. Clean you gun and its just fine.

20. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

it is/was not my intention of crapping on the ops (kcarnold) thread,i was doing what i thought was right...informing kc that he could get noncorrosive ammo for about the same money,not downgrade his sale.a lot of folks new to com bloc ammo are not aware of corrosive ammunition,or even what it is,or will do to an uncleaned gun.its just my opinion .thats all,sorry to hurt your feelings if i did.;)