JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With shipping it's about the same price as TSUSA's Wolf 7.62... for an additional option. 6% off that for prime members.

i find it sad, that we can get russian/romainian ammo cheaper than American Ammo in 5.56, more powder more bigger bullet yet .10-.20 cheaper per round.
you would think w the War, that 7.62 be harder to find and more expensive than domestic rounds..

i find it sad, that we can get russian/romainian ammo cheaper than American Ammo in 5.56, more powder more bigger bullet yet .10-.20 cheaper per round.
you would think w the War, that 7.62 be harder to find and more expensive than domestic rounds..
Yeah. On top of the current conflict and with the import licenses having been revoked, it kinda makes you wonder where "new production" came from too. Pilfering depots and sneaking it out through Turkey(?) 🤣

I'm sure they take some liberties with the ammo classifications. I recently had info from a supplier that was saying 15yr old ammo wasn't "surplus". It's only, "not new" or "previous production". Who knows how many years "new production" classifications might cover.

Last Edited:
Yeah. On top of the current conflict and with the import licenses having been revoked, it kinda makes you wonder where "new production" came from too. Pilfering depots and sneaking it out through Turkey(?) 🤣

I'm sure they take some liberties with the ammo classifications. I recently had info from a supplier that was saying 15yr old ammo wasn't "surplus". It's only, "not new" or "previous production". Who knows how many years "new production" classifications might cover.

The import ban takes effect as each one of the importers contracts run out..after that their contracts are not renewed..some of these contracts are 4-6 years long and many were signed or resigned right before the ban went into effect

The import ban takes effect as each one of the importers contracts run out..after that their contracts are not renewed..some of these contracts are 4-6 years long and many were signed or resigned right before the ban went into effect
As far as I'm aware... supplier contracts may be in place for extended periods, but import permits (form 6's) are only good per import or a 1 year annual permit. So an existing importer with a valid permit would have 1 year after the effective date of the ban order (back in Aug or Sept of 2021(?)).

Although, the gooberment did extended the 1year period on currently valid permits to allow for those shipments in progress and delayed beyond the control of the importers (due to the current global shipping delays) to remain vaild until the actual shipment arrived at it's destination port.

I could be wrong, but I believe supplier contracts and import licenses to fulfill those contracts are 2 seperate things.

Last Edited:

I thought the import bans were only on Russian ammo, not other countries?

I thought the import bans were only on Russian ammo, not other countries?
It's on several eastern bloc mfg's by name... which may have production in more than one country. That kind of built in a loophole for them though by distributing under different mfg's names that aren't on the banned list.

Last I heard there wasn't a lot of action being taken to plug the loophole, which kind of seems like many of brandon's actions... the ban was purely virtue signaling, IMHO. It does have the affect of inflating the prices though and does chokehold the supply chain to a degree. Not to mention there seems to be some real QC issues of late (from what I've heard). I'm not buying anything coming from anywhere in that region.

Last Edited:
It's on several eastern bloc mfg's by name... which may have production in more than one country. That kind of built in a loophole for them though by distributing under different mfg's names that aren't on the banned list.

Last I heard there wasn't a lot of action being taken to plug the loophole, which kind of seems like many of brandon's actions... the ban was purely virtue signaling, IMHO. It does have the affect of inflating the prices though and does chokehold the supply chain to a degree. Not to mention there seems to be some real QC issues of late (from what I've heard). I'm not buying anything coming from anywhere in that region.
Isn't this the same stuff RTI is selling? Romanian made. So a NATO country. No import bans there.

Isn't this the same stuff RTI is selling? Romanian made. So a NATO country. No import bans there.
I honestly don't know. I have been avoiding everything from that region lately and not really keeping up on who is doing what or tracking origins.

It's possible(?). Might be legit Romanian mfg, but it wouldn't shock me to see banned mfg shtuff with distributor headstamps either.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top