JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
7.62x25

Just got to wondering about this weapon. I think it is Russian made, said to be cheap.. but NOT cheaply made. (??)

Really just wondering about this one. It looks like the ammo for it is rather affordable. Anyone here have one, and any info or advice about this one?

EDIT: oops.. in the title, it shoulda been AREA, not 'are'.

Last Edited:
7.62x25

Just got to wondering about this weapon. I think it is Russian made, said to be cheap.. but NOT cheaply made. (??)

Are you talking about a Russian Tokarev? Those are nice guns. I've got the Czech CZ-52 in the same caliber, and it's also a good gun. The recoil will put hair on your chest. :)

As for the ammo, it's cheap and plentiful for now. Just be sure that if you buy the pistol to also buy a lot of ammo too while you can get it for a good price. The surplus combloc ammo will dry up some day, and then you'll be kicking yourself for not stocking up while you had the chance. I've done that more than once. :(

I have a CZ-52 and a TT-33 (Tokarev). I love both guns. The ammo can be found for about 9 cents a round if you buy a sealed tin of 1,200. These are FMJ and go through everything. Teh guy at http://www.theboxotruth.com/
shot up a Kevlar helmet with handguns and only the CZ-52 could go through it.

My CZ-52 measured 1,470 feet per second. Small but very fast bullet.

Just so you know 7.62x25 is the caliber not the name of the gun, as stated the CZ 52 and the Tokarev hand guns as well as the PPSh 41 and PPS 43 sub machine guns shoot that caliber.

If it is a CZ-52, hang onto it. I miss mine and the muzzle flash that thing had. It attracted a lot of attention at the range. 7.62X25 is pretty easy to find. Even S & B makes rounds for it at a relatively reasonable price. But surplus ammo is out there at many of the gun shops in this area.

cheap and fun to shoot not many rifles out there that use and just the mentioned handguns

some guys are starting to build there own pps43 from kits

the rifles are available through MGS (as well as kits)

the surplus ammo is cheap but inspect for cracked necks and other defects

and some guys have built 7.62x25 aks as well

cheap and fun to shoot not many rifles out there that use and just the mentioned handguns

some guys are starting to build there own pps43 from kits

the rifles are available through MGS (as well as kits)

the surplus ammo is cheap but inspect for cracked necks and other defects

i shoot it through my ar15 yes i have a 7.62x25 ar15 i built it (i don't shoot .223 any more too expensive for me). expect to see them commercially soon and when you do expect the ammo prices to go up as well

and some guys have built 7.62x25 aks as well
I'm guessing a 7.62X39 bolt, custom barrel, but what is curious to me is what mags do you use?

yep bought it just for the mags but now thinking of doing a low cost hybrid build

What are you doing with your kit? heard you got some barrels

yep bought it just for the mags but now thinking of doing a low cost hybrid build

What are you doing with your kit? heard you got some barrels
Still gathering parts but I will do a Semi build eventually. I'm not really sold on the 870 FCG, I read about an adapted original FCG but I haven't seen an example. Yes I P/U a couple of barrels and dropped one off to Elk, If you need the website PM me at home, I have few other good PPS 43 links also. I'm anxious to get this going as I ordered 3 CZ 52's and some cans of ammo so I can do more shooting on the cheap.

I picked up one of the Tokarev pistols about ten years ago for around $100, it is one of my favorite guns to shoot, plus it is cheap to shoot. I wish there were after market grips for the pistol, would improve the experience.

Thanks for all the replies... And yes, it sounds like I was referring to the Russian handgun. Thank you for the clarifications in this thread. It sounds like it would be a good find!

Thanks also for mentioning experiences related. Happy to learn new things. :)

They couldn't even put in some packing peanuts, seriously?

7.jpg

I bought a C&R Romanian TTC a couple of months ago from SOG. Picked up a tin of 1260 rounds for $125 in Salem. For an inexpensive pistol with cheap ammo, it runs well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top