JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have 2 440rd cans sealed with crate plus another 440rd can that was opened but has 300+ rounds in it
I forget the country of manufacture but I had looked it up a few years ago when I bought it and it was regarded as very good

Asking $400
Eugene area 7621.jpg 7622.jpg 7622.jpg 7623.jpg 7624.jpg 7625.jpg 7626.jpg

Based on the cans.

Factory code: 188 (Russian)
Made in: 1980

AP0022.jpg

Normally, I see a silver stripe in the middle of the can and the bullets have a silver colored tip.

But your does not, so......

Copper bullet with no tip color - You must know the date of manufacture and country of origin to determine the loading of this round. If it is Russian and made prior to 1970, this will be a 147 grain lead core "L" bullet with copper plating. If the date is 1970 or after, the round is loaded with a 147 grain mild steel core "LPS" bullet. Using a magnet will not discriminate between the two. The "tombac" jacket of the type "D" bullet contains steel and will attract a magnet as well as the "LPS" bullet. If the round is Czech or Hungarian and made prior to 1980, then it will be a 172 grain lead core "D" bullet. After 1980, steel core "LPS".

Aloha, Mark

Based on the cans.

Factory code: 188
Made in: 1980

View attachment 357751

Normally, I see a silver stripe in the middle of the can and the bullets have a silver colored tip.

But your does not, so......

Copper bullet with no tip color - You must know the date of manufacture and country of origin to determine the loading of this round. If it is Russian and made prior to 1970, this will be a 147 grain lead core "L" bullet with copper plating. If the date is 1970 or after, the round is loaded with a 147 grain mild steel core "LPS" bullet. Using a magnet will not discriminate between the two. The "tombac" jacket of the type "D" bullet contains steel and will attract a magnet as well as the "LPS" bullet. If the round is Czech or Hungarian and made prior to 1980, then it will be a 172 grain lead core "D" bullet. After 1980, steel core "LPS".

Aloha, Mark
Thanks for the info!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.