JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a whim I bought a PSA KS-47 lower. A AR lower that takes AK mags.

I have no experience with 7.62 x 39 AR's but have always thought they where kind of stupid (mostly due to the bolt and magazine issues)

Anyway It seems like if the lower is designed good it would eliminate at least one of the drawbacks. I know CMMG makes a .308 sized variant but I really have no desire to buy a rifle. The only reason I jumped on the wagon was the PSA lower was $139. Seemed like a low enough entry point that it would be worth futzing around.

So the only other part I have bought was a "enhanced" bolt from Liberty Gun Works in Florida. They claim to have nailed down what it takes to build a bolt that does not come apart after a thousand rounds.

So thats it. That is all I have at the moment. My question is if I buy a barrel are the rest of the bits standard AR fare?

Any known hangups with the KS-47 lower? Does it take any special bits to function properly

I wonder if the beowulf BCG would work? (the rim on the case is the same)
20161223_095218.jpg

Well after watching some youtube video I bought the PSA KS-47 upper as well and a barrel to go with it. Apparently a AK mag will not fit in the standard milspec upper. There seems to be lots of problems with these. Looks like it is going to take some bolt carrier modification as well (machining for mag clearance)

See how it goes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top