Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7.62 NATO Ball M80

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by gene of oregon, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gene of oregon

gene of oregon silverton Member

I've just acquired 20 boxs of 7.62 mm NATO Ball M80 Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant. What's this ammo like. Gene

2. spikedzombies

spikedzombies Lakewood/Tacoma Member

762x51 not x39 correct? If so it should shoot like most bulk military ammo, straight and deadly.

Sent via Iluminati Spy Satellite "Foxtrot Yankee Bravo"

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

It's great plinking ammo!

4. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

147 gr FMJ that flies at 2800 fps. It's not "Match Grade" but will shoot fine.

5. gene of oregon

gene of oregon silverton Member

I took this ammo in trade and really have no use for it, but have some investment in it. What would be a good price per box if I put it in the classifieds??? Thanks, gene

6. deadshot2

If someone was to buy it in huge quantities they'd pay about $0.13 per round. That's where I'd start.

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

It would be IMPOSSIBLE for 7.62 NATO M-80 ball to be 7.62x39 since the OP listed a very specific round. 7.62x39 is neither NATO or M-80...............

At $0.13 I would buy 100,000rds right now no questions asked. Selling pice of similar ammo has been over $0.40/rd and often over $0.50/rd.

8. deadshot2

My Bad! I had another number in my calculator and it gave me the $.13. Since my "Match Grade" ammo only costs me onl $0.36 per round when I reload I didn't grab on the fact it was too much of a bargain price.

I appologize for my boo boo.:(

9. SICARIO

SICARIO Oregon City Active Member

The cheapest surplus 7.62x51 ive purchased has been around $0.32 (Indian/Pakistani stuff), and higher end stuff can go for $0.40-0.60/rnd (radway/DAG/austailian). I don't really get excited unless I see it in the low $0.40's, but then again, I'm not lacking in ammo....

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.