JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Has no effect on the northwest, but it does somewhat put the ATF in their place for clear overreach.

To summarize: The ATF has no authority to alter criminal law. "it is not the role of the executive — particularly the unelected administrative state — to dictate to the public what is right and what is wrong,"

The 6th Circuit ruled in a 2-1 decision, the 2018 finding by BATF that bump stocks were machine guns, which reversed a 2010 finding on the same subject, was in error and the lower-court was wrong to refuse to issue an injunction against the regulation.

In the 2-1 decision, Judges Alice Batchelder and Eric Murphy ruled that the regulation alters criminal law and thus has to be done by Congress.

It would seem so. I'm less concerned about 'bump-stocks' themselves and more interested in seeing how this effects the BATFE's ability to say what you can and can't have.

Because like any form of law enforcement: they don't have the ability to create new laws or alter existing laws.

It would seem so. I'm less concerned about 'bump-stocks' themselves and more interested in seeing how this effects the BATFE's ability to say what you can and can't have.

Because like any form of law enforcement: they don't have the ability to create new laws or alter existing laws.
I think it should apply to the BS determination regarding 80% receivers/frames sent with parts to complete firearm.

I think it should apply to the BS determination regarding 80% receivers/frames sent with parts to complete firearm.
Indeed. And that one in particular is a very slippery slope. What's to say a pile of aluminum can's isn't a firearm if they're going to call a chunk of partially machined aluminum a firearm?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top