JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"65,376,373 Guns Bought Since Obama Took Office..." -- Via Matt

If I am counting the commas correctly - that is ~ 1 for every 5 Americans (313,914,040 - Jul 2012 = 4.8) Or, About 1/2 adults.

The story is on CNS = not my favorite news source - I put them in line with Al Jazzera (AJE - Al Jazeera English) and above CBS.
And it refers to Background checks, some of those will have been rejected, of course.

That number doesn't cover firearms which changed hands in private party sales.

<broken link removed>

If more guns were in stock right now that number would be much higher.

A few weeks back I saw on the news that guns sales had started to drop, after a surge following Sandy Hook. Yes they dropped you could not find anything, and if you did find it, it cost a fortune.

"For 2010, background checks totaled 14,320,489. In 2011, checks were 16,336,732, and in 2012, 19,463,832. Background checks for the month of January 2013 were 2,483,230.

This totals 65,376,373 background checks completed since President Obama's first full month in office, or 44,748 background checks per day!"

Note that if the rate of January 2013 were continued for the year, that would be over 29 million background checks for the year. No wonder it's taking so long!

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total | CNS News

Maybe somebody can put up a "background check clock" on the internet, like there is for the national debt (U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time in case you haven't seen this).

wow guys that must mean the gun lobby convinced all those Americans to go out and buy guns, lol.

it makes me cringe every time I hear some anti-gun person postulate that the backlash against new laws and restrictions are entirely attributable to "the gun lobby," as if ordinary Americans aren't capable of making enough stink on their own.

With a couple exceptions, firearms manufacturers have been virtually silent on this entire issue. We've done this all on our own, folks.

There was a recent YouTube video from the antis. They attacked midwayusa for supporting the NRA.

Obviously those bozos are not familiar with the "add a buck" campaign and naively assume it to be "gun lobby" money.

They just can't stand the fact we are acting as individuals.

wow guys that must mean the gun lobby convinced all those Americans to go out and buy guns, lol.

it makes me cringe every time I hear some anti-gun person postulate that the backlash against new laws and restrictions are entirely attributable to "the gun lobby," as if ordinary Americans aren't capable of making enough stink on their own.

With a couple exceptions, firearms manufacturers have been virtually silent on this entire issue. We've done this all on our own, folks.

Because I am an NRA member, I believe I am considered "the gun lobby" by these people.

Using that logic, "the gun lobby" convinced me to buy some guns. :s0114:

There's enough angry firearms owners that "the gun lobby" doesn't have to do anything to get people motivated to pressure their reps.

the largest army in the history of the world are us. the american gun owning public. we have a duty to hold the 2nd amendment alive and well. not only for our benefit of us and our families, but for the benefit of the planet.

they will never disarm the american public:s0155::s0160:

Is that counting the 25K guns he and his "attorney general" let run into Mexico?

Is that counting the guns we gave to Libya (before they killed our ambassador and three other Americans)?

Is this counting the guns we are giving to the Syrian rebels?

The F16s and tanks we are giving to Egypt?

I thought I had enough firearms before 2008..........................

3 of em are mine and would all fall under the ban. Everyone I know who has guns already wants/has purchased more. Everyone except very die hard libbies that didnt own a gun before all SH now owns a gun and is eager about owning more. Theyre like tattoos. Awesome, awesome tattoos.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top