JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to share this one, since these are getting pretty dang hard to find these days. The first handgun I ever purchased for myself was a Bulgarian Makarov, and I've been into them ever since.
I drove by a local shop yesterday, almost didn't stop, but decided to go in and check them out just for kicks. It's a good thing I did, because I found a gem in the case. I did my best to be honest Abe and tell them they were undercharging for this, given their rarity nowadays, especially in this condition without ugly CAI import stamps all over them. The shop owner said it was a consignment, so the price was the price. Fine by me.

There are still some things about this I've yet to find, like the "S" with 5 dots on the frame. I have seen the 7 dots with a "Y" on a few of these, but never the "S". Anyway, enough words..

P1030267.JPG P1030268.JPG P1030270.JPG P1030271.JPG

Man... l was hoping this was a For Sale ad.

I EDC'd a German Mak for a couple of years... a huge step up in craftsmanship and price from the (much more common) Bulgarian examples. I'm pretty sure l still have an old school leather IWB holster for it.

Congratulations on a great find. I haven't been actively looking for one, but if one presented itself, like yours did, l'd be on it pretty quick.

Man... l was hoping this was a For Sale ad.

I EDC'd a German Mak for a couple of years... a huge step up in craftsmanship and price from the (much more common) Bulgarian examples. I'm pretty sure l still have an old school leather IWB holster for it.

Congratulations on a great find. I haven't been actively looking for one, but if one presented itself, like yours did, l'd be on it pretty quick.
Thanks!

It definitely seems to be in a whole different realm from the Baikal IJ-70, or Bulgarian ones that I've had. As soon as I got it home I detail stripped it, and even the fit and finish of all the internal components is markedly better.
I am still sort of in disbelief that I found one. I've wanted one for about 15 years now, and even 15 years ago they were hard to find in good shape.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top