JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Havent really looked into 62grain ammo before. I just know that green tips have the steel core on the inside and are designated the m855. Is the ss109 the same thing just in 223? Or is the ss109 a 62 grain 223 load also with a steel core? Wanna know if i can shoot any ss109 at steel targets. Thanks.
When I'm just plinking I enjoy shooting the M855 due to the low price point and quality LC brass for reloading. In a more demanding environment the below is my go to ammo of choice. The projectile is a 77 grain BTHP OTM Sierra Match King which in my opinion is "top shelf."
240 Round Ammo Can - 5.56mm 77 Grain SMK OTM LR MOD-1 Razorcore IMI Ammo - IMI-77gr-240AC | SGAmmo.com

Are there any 62 grain bullets that arent steel core that wont be too expensive? I like that the m855 and ss109 are so cheap. What would you reccomend for a heavier bullet?
You coukd try some of these:
Hornady Frontier 5.56 Nato 62gr BTHP Match 20 Rounds Ammunition - FR300
I haven't tried the factory ammo with that bullet, but have used the 62 gr HPBT bullet in hundreds of handloads with very good results. In my experience, much more accurate than any 55 gr FMJ bullets. You can shoot steel with them since they are lead core copper jacketed hollow points.

I would be willing to wager the 62 gr HPBT Ammo from Hornady will outshoot the Fiocchi 62 gr FMJ. The Fiocchi is a bargain at that price, but so is the Frontier. SG Ammo has it for a better price than PSA:
20 Round Box - 5.56 NATO 62 Grain BTHP Match Hornady Frontier Ammo Made by Lake City - FR300 | SGAmmo.com

Possibly...I have no experience with Hornady Frontier ammunition myself. I use IMI 55gr, 62gr. 69gr, and 77gr, I have shot 1000 of rounds of Federal 5.56mm 55gr and 62gr over the years as well. I did buy a 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold 55gr .223 rounds which shoots quite well for plinking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top