JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great write up as normal on the Blog. That escavator looks tiny in the pit. Glad we made it up. It is great to see the State agencies coming together to make these improved lanes happen.
Thank you for having the drive to make this happen.
Craig

Great write up as normal on the Blog. That escavator looks tiny in the pit. Glad we made it up. It is great to see the State agencies coming together to make these improved lanes happen.
Thank you for having the drive to make this happen.
Craig
Thanks Craig! It's called "A labor of Love"! I love to work at supporting the Second Amendment and helping to preserve target shooting on public lands for generations to come. Wish I were full time at this!

Wow, this place looks great! This is where I "cut my teeth" as a new firearm owner back in the day (20 years ago, LOL). Wish I'd seen this post as my parents live very close to there and could have provided as much water, supplies, and beer for after the work as needed. Thanks to all who were involved in opening this back up. I'd like to get back up there someday and check it out sometime.

Wow, this place looks great! This is where I "cut my teeth" as a new firearm owner back in the day (20 years ago, LOL). Wish I'd seen this post as my parents live very close to there and could have provided as much water, supplies, and beer for after the work as needed. Thanks to all who were involved in opening this back up. I'd like to get back up there someday and check it out sometime.
Could have used that beer, kmk! Spent several nights camping there, but had a nice Irish bottle to keep me warm. Keep an eye on this thread for when ODF opens the forest back up!
Bill

Wow, awesome work!

Sad I missed out on all the fun, hopefully I'll be able to catch the next event.

-Robert
The next event may be a spur of the moment cleanup, so keep an eye on this thread for last minuet notices. It's not easy to schedule an event far in advance at this time of year, so if one comes up, it'll be short notice. Or, call out a date and ask for some help when you have an open spot. It doesn't take much to get several lanes cleaned up with only 3 or 4 people.

Have fun, be safe and Trash No Land!
Bill

The next event may be a spur of the moment cleanup, so keep an eye on this thread for last minuet notices. It's not easy to schedule an event far in advance at this time of year, so if one comes up, it'll be short notice. Or, call out a date and ask for some help when you have an open spot. It doesn't take much to get several lanes cleaned up with only 3 or 4 people.

Have fun, be safe and Trash No Land!
Bill
Actually the next event, at the BC615 Quarry, will be the opening of the Santiam Forest! I plan to be there! We'll shake the shale off them rock walls and have a good 'ol time!

They now have a gate on the South Family Camp road, so no one can access the pit, or other parts of that forest, until they deem it safe for the general public. I'm monitoring it for the reopening and as soon as I hear, we'll schedule a Grand Opening group shoot party. Will keep you posted!

How long does it take to get to North Fork Wolf Creek Rd shooting lanes from where you live? For me, it takes 1 1/2 hours from Washougal to Wolf Creek (on a weekend morning), (about 2-2 1/2 hours to get home in the afternoon!). It takes the same 1 1/2 hrs for me to get to the Santiam BC615 Quarry, (and 1 1/2 hrs for the return trip), yet I get to drive through the countryside and deal with very little traffic BOTH WAYS! I'm now preferring the Santiam trip over Wolf Creek!

To add to @powermad 's info: (thanks for posting that earlier!)

Update on Open/Closed area of the Santiam: As of April 2022,, the North Block of the Santiam State Forest is still closed to the general public for clearing public safety hazard from recent fires. [Elk Prairie, Family Camp Road and North Block Butte Creek, Gawley Creek, Rhody Lake]. Trash No Land will post their reopening when it happens.

Latest forecast to open is Oct. 30, 2022. ODF Closed/Open information:

https://www.oregon.gov/odf/recreation/Pages/santiam-state-forest.aspx

Well dang. The North block of the Santiam is still closed. A couple weeks ago, I was told it will open this spring, however, they didn't say if it's April, May or June. I'll post here when it does and hopefully with some advanced notice.

Meanwhile.......

Our next cleanup is just down south of Stayton,in the Neal Creek area on BLM land, so come join us for that...

Saturday, February 25, 2023, 9AM

Come and show your Stewardship & Respect for our Great Outdoors!

To prevent this site from closing to recreational target practice, we need to keep it clean and recreate responsibly.

The trash is primarily from illegal dumping over the edge of the parking area, however, some target shooting trash has been left behind by a few who don't respect and protect our favorite places to shoot.

This event is dependent on NO SNOW conditions. If snow, it's a no go!

Neal Creek Quarry Cleanup

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads