JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys just grabbed a beautiful box of 60g Partition to play around with. Got home opened up the Nosler book and the only info is for a 20in pac nor 1/7 twist barrel. The title for the load page is "223-rem 60/62 grain (Fast twist)". My Remington 700 has an Hart 26in barrel, no idea the twist pending the gunsmiths reply hes looking it up for me. Im wondering if my 700 will be able to handle/stabilize the Partition bullet if it isnt 1/9 or lower? Never encountered this before. Any input or advice would be great.

I loaded some up for a .22-250 with a 1:14 twist. They shot okay groups. At least all the bullets went through the paper point first, so I'm sure they were stabilized. It was a fairly fast load. I think in a 1:12 twist .223 they would shoot about the same, although you may have to push them fairly fast. I do think they would be right on the edge of stability, so in some 12 twist barrels it could be a bust. I would use the load data Nosler suggests, even though their test rifle was a 1:7 twist barrel.

I found it odd that there was a .224 60g Partition to start with. Very light compared to the .30-and up. But I figured what the heck,I know lots of people who have flattened large animals with partitions. Making some .223 loads with the bullets didnt seem like a bad idea.

I found it odd that there was a .224 60g Partition to start with. Very light compared to the .30-and up. But I figured what the heck,I know lots of people who have flattened large animals with partitions. Making some .223 loads with the bullets didnt seem like a bad idea.

Not saying 224 is heavy in any way BUT doesn't seem like a standard bullet design for .224

I too am kinda baffled about why Nosler makes them. Some people like to hunt deer with .22 caliber centerfires, so I guess if they are going to do that, there needs to be a bullet available for those wanting to use such a small caliber for hunting deer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top