Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

6000 dollars worth of guns?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by heisenberg, Aug 5, 2012.

1. heisenberg

heisenberg oregon New Member

So a buddy of mine wants my truck. I want his guns. We are trying to work out a trade.
    My truck is valued at 6000 dollars 1998 limted edition 4x4 toyota 4runner all stock, but comes with a push button locker in the rear
    his guns are valued at...???? I really am not sure I have done some research but am not confident in the information I have found the following prices are all just my best guess from internet research and talking to friends. thats why im posting on here id like some input on this
    a brand new olympic arms ar15 with bull barrel quad rail $800
    CZ 75 P07 Duty 16 rounds though it 400$
    brand new olympic arms ar15 pistol 800$
    a newer wood stock ak47 50 rounds 450$
    a brand new thompson tommy gun .45 with 100 round drum clip (its probably 50 rounds he just said 100) $1000 +$200 for the mags and case
    as well as a semiauto shotgun a single shot 22 revolver( i put a value of both of these at 200$ for both due to condition)
    500 rounds of .45 ammo $200
    and a 1990 nissan maxima worth 1000 nothing more
    some of the prices may seem a little low, but thats cause im cheap and its a trade so full value isnt going to happen
    i would rellay appreciate some second, third, and even fourth opinions on these. I am sorry that I dont have all of the information that you may want but i will could provide links to some stuff that is the same or extremely similar to what i am buying
    So it seems to me like im getting about 5 grand worth of stuff.

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

6K for 98 4runner with factory e-locker? value might be more than 6K on the street. it's holy grail of off-road vehicle (rare) for fan-boys.

Not worth of trade, maybe because I don't like the firearms you listed. :p

yotehunter and (deleted member) like this.
  3. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Don't do it. Those guns are priced close to retail definitely not enough guns for a 4 runner

4. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

Depends on the condition of your vehicle.....if its in good condition with reasonable mileage, I'd say its a poor trade for you. Hell even if its high mileage but not ragged out its not a good trade for you.....of course this is all my opinion which means nothing to anyone else but me.

5. heisenberg

well its 190k on it needs new brakes and is pretty much stock. plus if you look at craigslist you can find lifted rigs for 7k i bought it for 5.5k
    which guns arent you a fan of? all of them?

6. krkruse

krkruse Salem area Active Member

You should probably go with the trade and just give your brother the guns.

7. liftedzuki

liftedzuki Kennewick, WA New Member

If you like the guns do it, if not sell the Yota and buy the guns YOU like. Of course value matters, I think you could make 6k work on a better collection than that.

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  8. heisenberg

and my truck is not ragged out, its pretty much one of the cleanest youll find, and opinions are exactly what im after so it matters to me. all these thoughts are appreciated, taken into account and will factor in my decision. the general consensus is dont do it lol
    hmm weird krkruse seems a lot like my brothers name

Nightshade and (deleted member) like this.
  9. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade. The gun list is nothing i would want except maybe the tommy gun but that depends on the manufacturer. The Olympic arms would not be my choice for Ar15's.
    and the car just say junk.
    Just my thoughts.

10. Skang

that is half of the life. my friend have 97 4runner supercharged (3 inch lift) pushing over 200K no problems. (off-road)

and like I said, 4runner with factory e-locker is rare, and they are good.

sell the vehicle private and buy guns you like, so you have more choice, not limited.

11. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

Only gun I would keep is "tommy gun" and that seems over priced. Otherwise I wouldn't want any of those guns either...

12. Pilot Polda

Pilot Polda San Juans Member

Mr. Heisenberg,
    The AR-pistol and the tommy might be the only guns listed worth value. I would for sure stay away from maxima. But I'm no german theoretical physicist who stusied quantum mechanics either.. Maybe your best inclination is your own. Good luck and god speed Mr. White.

13. Skang

olympic arms though. :eatpop: :p

14. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

All the bashing on Olympic Arms is funny. Im not an AR fan to begin with however; I bet you guys are the same fellas that blame the firearm before you blame your skills. Buying a $2000 AR doesn't make you a better shooter.

I do agree that the prices on most of the firearms are priced pretty close to retail and the prices should be reduced if used.

15. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

Oly makes some of the best AR pistols you can find.

16. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with cost. Hell he's quoting a "low" price cuz he's cheap, and pricing an Oly at a price point you can find LMT, BCM, etc. You're listed prices are all high....... Actually re-reading my last line that may answer alot here...

17. heisenberg

Well of this seems to lead me into the same direction... dont do it. I dont think i will. I was gonna make the trade today so thanks for the quick responses and input. probably saving me from a mistake. looks like im just gonna go blast some stuff with the thompson today and keep my 4runner for a differnt day

18. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

And you mean what by that?

19. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I got $2700 plus the car for trade value.More ONLY if these are "must have" guns for you.Since you are asking the value of them even less since you will most likely sell them all.
    If I don't want a gun someone is trying to trade,I fully disclose that I will be selling it and the gun is worth wholesale value to me as a trade.

20. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Uncalled for bashing or not,most "buyers" don't put much value on Oly Arms,hence the lower value
    Supply and demand thing?