JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there is a monthly High Power match at COSSA in the Bend, OR area if you want to have a go out to 1000. We usually shoot several different distances like 800, 900, 1000 x 2 and use around 100 rounds per day, 80 rounds for score and the rest are sighters. Other course of fire is 300,500, 600 x 2. nice facilities, a small nice group of regulars. NRA scored, but pretty relaxed bunch to shoot with. pm me if you want to know more. There is another group that does a 1 mile shoot there.
Covert, I have a question. I was looking at NRA 600 yard targets and the x-ring is 6" in diameter/roughly 1 moa. Is this the type of target the OP will be shooting at to "qualify". Also, for anyone else here that shots longer range NRA targets. Is 1 moa a general rule for x-ring size on theses targets? If so, that is a pretty easy target to hit with a scoped rifle. I know flashpan shoots 600 yards "every tuesday" evening, last time I talked to him. When the weather gets a little better, I still plan on going to COSSA to do a clinic and some long range shooting...

Covert, I have a question. I was looking at NRA 600 yard targets and the x-ring is 6" in diameter/roughly 1 moa. Is this the type of target the OP will be shooting at to "qualify". Also, for anyone else here that shots longer range NRA targets. Is 1 moa a general rule for x-ring size on theses targets? If so, that is a pretty easy target to hit with a scoped rifle. I know flashpan shoots 600 yards "every tuesday" evening, last time I talked to him. When the weather gets a little better, I still plan on going to COSSA to do a clinic and some long range shooting...
The NRA Highpower target are 1 MOA for 'X' ring and 2 MOA for '10' ring. For sling shooters like me. F class targets are for supported
shooting the score rings are 1/2 MOA 'X' ring and 1 MOA '10' ring. TCGC does a first Sunday 600 yard match this time of year. Summer and
spring the matches are "Across the Course" 200-300-600 yards, standing, sitting and prone. Electronic targets no pit duty! You don't need a
spotting scope except for looking at the mirage. You can shoot prone supported or unsupported or from a bench. Here is a pick of a "F" class
shooter next to a sling shooter with an iron sight AR service rifle at TCGC. Matches are open to the public.
1575443730201.png
1575443836763.png

Last Edited:
For TCGC 600 yards, they want you to have good data for 300 yards. They want you solidly on target at 600 yards within your first 2 or 3 shots because they dont want the electronics mounted on the corners of each target to be hit.

I usually have a 12 inch group at 600 yards and score around 185.

Serious competitors have all 20 scoring rounds in the 6 inch 10 ring and over half in the 3 inch X ring.

If you can consistantly shoot 1 1/2 inches at 100 yards, it should be good enough to get started at 600 yards.

Nope, they LOVE beginners. It's like being a 12 year old at the big people's table.

They will be VERY helpful, till your skill level begins to challenge them. (I'm not there yet.)

Nope, they LOVE beginners. It's like being a 12 year old at the big people's table.

They will be VERY helpful, till your skill level begins to challenge them. (I'm not there yet.)

+1. We love to help new shooters. You may actually get info overload from people tripping over themselves to help you. I've been a regular for 5 years, the longest I've ever stuck with one discipline, just because the people are so friendly and helpful and I've learned so much. The only thing I would recommend is don't worry about 300 yard data, just have a real solid 100 yard zero. Just tell us what cartridge you have and if your scope is MOA or mils and we can have you in the ballpark right out the gate.

The only thing I would recommend is don't worry about 300 yard data, just have a real solid 100 yard zero. Just tell us what cartridge you have and if your scope is MOA or mils and we can have you in the ballpark right out the gate.

You are absolutely right.

My third match, I had a new rifle. I told the match director that I a 50 yard zero and some math.
He asked what round I was shooting.
I told him 308 FGMM and my math said I should come up 16 MOA.
He thought for a second and said 'No, it will be 17 MOA.'
He was right on the money!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top