JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have both a 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, which I'd like to shoot longer distances than the 2100 yards my club has. I did a bit of research and some of the clubs in the area allow guests to shoot at longer distances but require qualification. That's where the quest came to a halt. One range does the qualification but only for members. I don't want to join a club which is out of my area so I'm at a loss.

I went to the NRA site and the only courses they seem to offer for distance or precision shooting is coaching training.

I've shot the M14 National match mil rifle at 600 yards and was an Army Armor, so I think my experience and shooting current skills will allow me to qualify, I just need to figure out which qual is needed and where I may do it? I'm not sure I will attempt to compete, until I have the opportunity to shoot and assess my shooting and reloading capabilities. I'm located in the Bremerton-Silverdale area and willing to drive a bit to get to a facility.

Thanks,

I
I have both a 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, which I'd like to shoot longer distances than the 2100 yards my club has. I did a bit of research and some of the clubs in the area allow guests to shoot at longer distances but require qualification. That's where the quest came to a halt. One range does the qualification but only for members. I don't want to join a club which is out of my area so I'm at a loss.

I went to the NRA site and the only courses they seem to offer for distance or precision shooting is coaching training.

I've shot the M14 National match mil rifle at 600 yards and was an Army Armor, so I think my experience and shooting current skills will allow me to qualify, I just need to figure out which qual is needed and where I may do it? I'm not sure I will attempt to compete, until I have the opportunity to shoot and assess my shooting and reloading capabilities. I'm located in the Bremerton-Silverdale area and willing to drive a bit to get to a facility.

Thanks,

That was a typo. Somehow I missed that proof reading my post. That should have read 200. So yea, 600 IS farther... :>)
I can't seem to find a website for The King County Sportsman's Park which might have days and times they're open. I found the King County Parks site, but no obvious link to the range... Might be a King County anti-gun thing.. (sent with another smile...)

Yep, that's the one. That's the New and Better website. I believe the Only way to get the use of the 600 yard Range is to either become a member(there's a Long waiting list) or get with the High Power Shooters during one of their scheduled shoots. The Public Shooting Days are held Only on the 200 yard Range - NO Pistols allowed. If you can find a Member who is in a position to take you out; then you can shoot on any of the other Ranges. I'm a member but I'm also still recovering from a Broken Right Ankle and haven't been to the Range in almost two years. Sorry.

there is a monthly High Power match at COSSA in the Bend, OR area if you want to have a go out to 1000. We usually shoot several different distances like 800, 900, 1000 x 2 and use around 100 rounds per day, 80 rounds for score and the rest are sighters. Other course of fire is 300,500, 600 x 2. nice facilities, a small nice group of regulars. NRA scored, but pretty relaxed bunch to shoot with. pm me if you want to know more. There is another group that does a 1 mile shoot there.

there is a monthly High Power match at COSSA in the Bend, OR area if you want to have a go out to 1000. We usually shoot several different distances like 800, 900, 1000 x 2 and use around 100 rounds per day, 80 rounds for score and the rest are sighters. Other course of fire is 300,500, 600 x 2. nice facilities, a small nice group of regulars. NRA scored, but pretty relaxed bunch to shoot with. pm me if you want to know more. There is another group that does a 1 mile shoot there.
Thats where ill start shooting here pretty soon. Looks like a great place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top