JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you had $600 to spend on an interesting/odd/unique pistol what would you buy?

By interesting I'm automatically discounting Glocks and such, both wheel guns and auto loaders are fair game, even...gasp* single shots :eek:.

May not seem odd or interesting to most, but this in .357 mag is the one that really trips my trigger. Just never found the funds and reason to justify buying it lining up at the same time....$600 price tag would be slightly used in the classifieds by a guy who needs to make rent

5162.jpg

Right now it would be hard to lay hands on much for that price, unless you meant to say 6K instead of $600 :D

definitely $600 lol...let's assume pre plandemic/presidency. And for further giggles let's think of it as mental masturbation/academics.

seen a few guns while interesting didn't really...do it...for me. For example a Fritz Mann autoloader, while interesting and unique not quite...it if you know what I mean?

May not seem odd or interesting to most, but this in .357 mag is the one that really trips my trigger. Just never found the funds and reason to justify buying it lining up at the same time....$600 price tag would be slightly used in the classifieds by a guy who needs to make rent

View attachment 812498

Always a big fan of Ruger wheel Guns!!!

While I've never owned or shot a birds head it is really something cool looking and definitely fits the criteria!

does that make it a vaquero? I see fixed sights and a slightly swept spur. Not sure of all of their designations nowadays

definitely $600 lol...let's assume pre plandemic/presidency. And for further giggles let's think of it as mental masturbation/academics.

seen a few guns while interesting didn't really...do it...for me. For example a Fritz Mann autoloader, while interesting and unique not quite...it if you know what I mean?
I was of course being something of a smarta$$ but, now days it would really be hard to lay hands on something "out of the norm" for that price tag. At least something you would want to shoot. Most guns that are odd or unique end up that way because when they are being made they do not sell. Let them stop making them and soon it seems everyone wants one :confused::D
One gun that is on my short list, and only reason I do not have one now is the panic, is one of the newish Ruger MKIV's with the 10inch tube. Wife has been wanting one since she first saw them. I tried a few times to just get her to pick the model she wanted and buy the damn thing. It's not like we would have trouble with the price. Hell she paid twice that for one of our dogs :cool:
She kept making excuses to not buy and now of course we would have to pay a premium to get one. After this panic is over I will just pick on for her if she does not. Just not sure which version of it she would like best. What the hell if I get the wrong one we can just buy another with the "free money" the Gov keeps sending us:s0140:

Holy crap didn't realize that was the same amount as the "free" money haha, deal fell through on some car parts so I figured I'd see what all is out there for the same money as it's already budgeted

I lucked out and picked up a MK IV lite for my lady right before all the craziness (short barrel purple threaded)...but now of course most outdoor places either are closed or weather dependent for shooting.

Probably a used Ruger 57. Or maybe that funky two barreled revolver in .22 mag. Or maybe a boberg bullpup pistol thing. If the price limit were opened up to a grand, the options would be plentiful

A couple of old H&R break action revolvers. One in .22lr, the other in .32 S&W... they're often seen in pawnshops for $100 to $200, even now. Already having fun with the swing-out cylinder version in .22

A S&W .38 special Airweight revolver like this one on GunBroker for a $500 starting bid and a buy it now $590.00

Best thing about these pistols is that they're light in the pocket but no fun to shoot, so you don't waste precious ammo plinking with them.

1611435211916.png

Last Edited:
Kel-Tec CP33.
After I shot it(take care to load the mags correctly), it became my favorite 22LR pistol.
I like it enough that now it is my only 22LR pistol, shot it better than my Ruger Standard!

Having 33 rounds of 22LR in an accurate and reliable pistol is awesome, I don't know how they got it to work so well but they managed to impress me.

Holy crap didn't realize that was the same amount as the "free" money haha, deal fell through on some car parts so I figured I'd see what all is out there for the same money as it's already budgeted

I lucked out and picked up a MK IV lite for my lady right before all the craziness (short barrel purple threaded)...but now of course most outdoor places either are closed or weather dependent for shooting.
Those are VERY nice little pistols. I tend to shoot weekly and at least one of my Ruger .22's always goes with me for the cheap fun. From Tacoma now it's hard to shoot out in the wilderness. Tends to be a hell of a drive. Thankfully the Governor has not yet shut the indoor ranges here.:cool:

Im going with Pre small frame Ruger Vaquero's . Ive owned several a and sold them all and will probably buy more. In ( heavy ) 45 Colt they can be loaded full Blackhawk and are the same in power potential as a 44 mag if not more. They hurt my wrist to shoot and I still keep buying the damn things. What's wrong with me?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top