JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering about $600 as my scope budget for my EBR. It has a 1 in 7 twist so looking to shoot a bit farther down range sometimes. I am thinking what scope gives me biggest bang for buck and allows me to still use std front sight? Say out to 300 yards....

Brutus Out

Tough order.

Red dots are primarily about speed and shooting with both eyes open. They can be used to shoot precisely, but are not a precision optic. They shine at about 0-100 yards, and are OK (not great) out to 200ish.

While it's absolutely doable to range out to 500 yards with irons, the reality is that some degree of magnification is ideal past about 100 yards.

For a 0-300 yard carbine, I would probably look at a fixed 3x or 4x scope, or just commit to the red dot, and give up a little precision to preserve up close performance.

Thanks folks, much appreciated. Just working part time right now so I can't afford to spend $ on something for the shelf. I'll probably see how I can shoot with irons now as an old man and then look at optics. I like the fact that the Meprolight needs no batteries. Zombie horde or gophers/ coyotes. There in lies the rub.

Brutus out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top