JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If those are as reliable as the current mags, then woo-hoo! I hope they are and if so, will be successful. It's my understanding the military tested some of the 100rd beta mags in the sandbox and they weren't reliable enough so these could give them the option for increased capacity if they are reliable.

If those are as reliable as the current mags, then woo-hoo! I hope they are and if so, will be successful. It's my understanding the military tested some of the 100rd beta mags in the sandbox and they weren't reliable enough so these could give them the option for increased capacity if they are reliable.

You know what's so good about this? Our people, American inventors are working at giving OUR TROOPS the advantage. God Bless them

Screw the troops? Hmm, don't think you meant that literally as I'm sure our government is doing so with the rules of engagement. Eliminate the ROE's, allow our troops to defend themselves!!!!

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either let them fight the war or bring them home. I hate that we are basically killing our own troops by not letting them kill terrorist, and/or not giving the tools/manpower to fight the war. That's been like that from the beginning.

They use drums over there don't they? Or is that just on the SAW?

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either let them fight the war or bring them home. I hate that we are basically killing our own troops by not letting them kill terrorist, and/or not giving the tools/manpower to fight the war. That's been like that from the beginning.

They use drums over there don't they? Or is that just on the SAW?

:s0155::s0155::s0155::D:D:D

60 rounder looks ok but I would question using the 100 round one unless they beefed up the magazine catch. I like the IAR the Marines are looking at, the M249 SAW is too heavy and bulky for the round it shoots imho.

You know what's so good about this? Our people, American inventors are working at giving OUR TROOPS the advantage. God Bless them

The mag is based on a Russian AK-74 quad stack mag design. Several American companies have been trying to figure out a way to adapt it over.

It is going to be hard to go prone with the 100 round variant.

FYI, when I was in I was experimenting with a lot of different mags....from the clear plastic mags to the 40round mags, to clamping a double mag, and even the Beta 100rnd C-Mags.

This is what I've concluded...

1. The added weight and length makes carrying the rifle a burdon. The 30-rnd and 20-rnd mags are perfect for troop carry.
2. Troops need ballistic-tipped, soft point, frangible rounds or just a bigger calliber of bullet all together, not more 62gr tungsten tipped, steel core 5.56 NATO (they just started switching from lead to steel).
3. These bigger magazines with bigger springs create more stress on the function of the magazine. This means a lower rate of reliability. What happens is that the first two or three rounds basically "jump out" of the feed lips of the magazines while the last two are barely pushed out or are pushed out at the force that they all should be pushed out as (usually causing a double-feed in the first few and/or failure to feed in the last two).

Mind you surefire probably has all this figured out...but why fix something that isn't broken? The 30rnd magazines are just fine. In fact, I think Magpul has refinned it to about as good as they can get and Surefire just wants a piece of the action.

My 2 cents.

I partake in some of the 3 gun type forums and these mags are getting a lot of interest from the competition crowd. There are a few other makers designing similar mags as well. I don't know if these will see much mil use because from what I hear from Mil buddies of mine you basically don't need ammo anymore. You cant shoot back anyway. Some of the times they only loaded their mags to 10 rounds or even less.

FYI, when I was in I was experimenting with a lot of different mags....from the clear plastic mags to the 40round mags, to clamping a double mag, and even the Beta 100rnd C-Mags.

This is what I've concluded...

1. The added weight and length makes carrying the rifle a burdon. The 30-rnd and 20-rnd mags are perfect for troop carry.
2. Troops need ballistic-tipped, soft point, frangible rounds or just a bigger calliber of bullet all together, not more 62gr tungsten tipped, steel core 5.56 NATO (they just started switching from lead to steel).
My 2 cents.

Isnt the ballistic, soft point etc. against the Geneva conv.
Although I do agree with the idea of using it.

That 100 rounder is a bit crazy looking. Why they didn't go with a drum style is strange to me... I would think a drum style would be a lot more user friendly.

/shrug

-d

I read some article about testing mag durability and the winner was the Lancer L5 and runner up was the AR mag by MSAR. I know it was a shotgun news magazine that I read it in. Maybe MSAR should make the 42 rounders for the AR like they do for the STG-556.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top