JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had my CHL appointment at the Multnomah County Sheriff's office on October 7th, and I have yet to receive my CHL or any other form of communication from the Sheriff's office. The 45 day mark (stated maximum processing time) was on Nov. 21st. Is this normal? Or can anyone think of a reasonable explanation as to why I haven't heard back? Thanks y'all.

I'd pick up the phone and while on hold ponder if their slow process is dragging on due to their left leaning agenda, covid, or the fact that a million people all of the sudden decided to get CHLs in the past 9 months. I'd guess all three. Good luck!

looking at the calender youre at approx 42 days. i only counted for thanksgiving but idk if the .gov had any other wonky holidays in there off. id give it another week then call'm

The reason I posted previously about calling, and post scripted: 'politely," is they may be stressed to the point of uncivility. Given similar working conditions, you and I may have done the same.
As an example; I re-upped my Washington (out of state) CC license last April, and was surprised not to have it in a couple weeks as had been done for decades past, when I called concerned after a month and a half, I felt rebuffed for calling by being curtly told they had 60 days to complete! Sure enough three days after exactly 60 days, I received it in the mail.
In retrospect, When I went in to pay my dues and complete the transaction initially, I did notice they were severally short of help so could be working extra hours, trying to deal with the new covid regulations, and multitasking, likely well beyond their normal job description. Likely too, constantly worried about their jobs, and future, in these oddball times and shameful politicks.
I eventually decided some patients and understanding on my part, would not be uncalled for. Especially since for many years previous, I have had nothing but good service from helpful and respectful officers.
Any discontent or culpability for poor service quality, or misuse of our tax dollars, in these times ( whosever state) should be directed much higher up the political chain, giving no free pass to the electorate.

I wouldn't push it.
While it may be the law, count your business days not calendar days.

Left leaning or not, they could easily become like California Sheriffs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top