JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$0
State
Oregon
I need to immediately re-home my flock. 5 hens, ages ranging from 2-4 years, and one rooster.

I will not split them up.

I will not only let you take the hens.

If you can't have a rooster in your area don't bother asking.

These are healthy and, all but one, friendly ladies with a gentle and attentive rooster. Current circumstances just don't allow me to care for them and we have a raccoon I can't catch who has been picking them off. I'd rather not find any more half eaten corpses so consider this first come first served, ASAP, STAT, etc.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Bummer, I just picked up a bunch of birds. Those coons are serious trouble, I've had flocks nearly wiped out from them. Latest was a chicken hawk (red tail), but always watching out for skunks and weasels too. Having a flock invites lots of pests, my coop is coon proof at the moment, we'll see how long that lasts.

My dog cornered one of a pair in early winter and I was able to take care of it. Seems that the other one is the offender. I'm selling the place soon anyhow and won't be able to take them with me. If you know any neighbours that would want them...

Great! I appreciate the help. Craigslist are just a bunch of people asking for one or two and never the rooster. At this rate the racoon will be fat and happy before the flock gets a new home.

The 2 guys I talked to don't want a rooster either, personally I don't do roosters. I've had a few terrorize the kids, when my boy was 5 he got spurred from his ear to his chin. I've had to kick the heck out of a couple that just kept coming at me. The only ones I've had eventually ended up in the pot, unless you want chicks that's the best place for them IMO.

I hear some are o.k., we've had one I could live with but overall they're not worth the hassle for me.

Good luck, might go quicker to lose the rooster, just sayin'.......

Great! I appreciate the help. Craigslist are just a bunch of people asking for one or two and never the rooster. At this rate the racoon will be fat and happy before the flock gets a new home.
Craigslist is full of people who are looking for meat for their soup pot, and most have no idea how to raise chickens.
I'd be all over this but my HOA strictly forbids fowl. Friggin' OCD thought police idiots.
I've merged flocks before. Doesn't always play out nicely, and if I could do it again, I would have had two separate houses and let the flocks decide who was with whom.
I have a live trap you're welcome to borrow.

The 2 guys I talked to don't want a rooster either, personally I don't do roosters. I've had a few terrorize the kids, when my boy was 5 he got spurred from his ear to his chin. I've had to kick the heck out of a couple that just kept coming at me. The only ones I've had eventually ended up in the pot, unless you want chicks that's the best place for them IMO.

I hear some are o.k., we've had one I could live with but overall they're not worth the hassle for me.

Good luck, might go quicker to lose the rooster, just sayin'.......

I've only had one that was aggressive. Best way to shut them down isn't to give 'em a swift kick, but to pick them up when they're getting testy and walk around with him under your arm for 5-10. Nothing like being rendered completely powerless to really make a guy think. Do that a couple times and they'll know you're the one in charge.

Thankfully though, the guy we have is very easy going. I won't tolerate a bird that tries to hurt me or the girls, leads to wound infection due to violent mating. Had to deal with that in an earlier flock.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top