JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
my son built his first AR platform and decided he wanted the 6.8spc caliber. I'm not familiar with the reloading info personally but he has been wanting Accurate 2200 to load it with. He is planning on using about 110 grain bullets. What are your thoughts on his powder choice and are there others that may be more available than what I have seen lately that will give similar performance?

I have an AR in 6.8 SPC, that I've only taken out and shot once. I have never reloaded for it, but be aware there is the original 6.8SPC and the "evolved" 6.8SPC-II spec that made some improvements. Newer stuff is typically SPC-II.

That's all I know.

I have been loading the 6.8 spc since it first came out, 2200 will work with a 110 gr bullet.
I run a 16" and a 11.5" AR-15.

Sorry.... I was in fly-by mode. I have had good results with 27 gr H322 and 23 gr 4198 with a 110 gr AccuBond. I hunt with it. One-shot kills.

buck down ii (2).jpg

my son built his first AR platform and decided he wanted the 6.8spc caliber. I'm not familiar with the reloading info personally but he has been wanting Accurate 2200 to load it with. He is planning on using about 110 grain bullets. What are your thoughts on his powder choice and are there others that may be more available than what I have seen lately that will give similar performance?
I've used 2200 and it shoots extremely well, lil gun is another very accurate powder for the 6.8. Sounds as he's done his homework!

I've been using the A2200 since I started loading for the 6.8 and it just plain works for everything I've tried. I.m not burning down the barn, but it's accurate. These are from a 16" barrel:

CaliberBulletGrainsAverage FPS
6.8 SPCHornady SST1202,456
6.8 SPCNosler HPBT1152,506
6.8 SPCBarnes TTSX952,830
6.8 SPCNosler E-Tip852,892
6.8 SPCNosler Accubond1102,582

I just picked up some more A2200 from Natchez this morning, so it's around.

I don't know the whole manufacturing process for powder, but I also got some A2200 from another online supplier a few weeks ago and the lot was from 2013. 🤔

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top