JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am newish to reloading and just finishing up a 6.8 build. 18" barrel that I am trying to work up a couple loads for.

The first one is the Speer TNT 90 grain (predators, cost effective target).

Second is the Barnes 85 grain TSX (bigger game, and I just really like solid copper)

I am thinking Hodgdon H322, with Starline brass for both. The plan would to try and load them just sound of the max and try for around 2800-2900 FPS

Are there any folks out there that have experience with the 6.8 that would be willing to post their loads. It would be helpful if you let me know what you are using them for... (target, predators, deer,...)

Thanks in advance, and i will post some build pics when I am all done.

Last Edited:
Do you mean TSX?

If so, make sure there's enough jump before it hits the lands. The copper bullets need a lot of jump. Some say a minimum of 0.050" or more because of the higher pressures that can occur when approaching the lands.

Your oal will be mag length, H-322 won't give you the speed you want, RL-7 works good with 85-90gr bullets I'm getting 2700 fps out of an 11.5" barrel with it with the 85 gr barnes.
RL-10x and AA-2200 both do very well with 90-120 gr bullets.
I use 95 gr Barnes for hunting big game and 90 gr sierra and speer for coyotes and just shooting stuff.
Let me know if you want some help when you start making ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top