JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sooo (new here, hence the name)

I'm reloading for the 6.5CM and i finally got it to group semi-decent (MOA) at 100yd... brand new gun, brand new vortex diamond back tactical 4-12x44
Load is Hornady brass, fed 210, 140gr (9g) Nosler RDF, 39gr Hybrid V. OACL 2.815
hand loading I have to shoot max powder charge to group smaller than 1.5" group

I just got home and weighed the remaining 50 RDFs ona beam and digi scale and they're all 148.1-149.2.
I emailed Nosler but I want to load and potentially shoot tommorow but I'm not sure I can confidently load these.

anybody have weights on these to compare? Are they supposed to weigh 8-10grain more????

The 6.5CM is an easy cartridge to load as its inherently accurate and not picky about loads. What rifle do you have?
I am not suprised to see 1 grn variation in some bullets. CM's love H4350 for one good powder choice and I am still suprised at how accurate Hornady ELD bullets are. If you are not shooting game try the ELD-M's in 140 or 147grn. For game the 143grn ELD-X is the one.
Good Shooting

The 6.5CM is an easy cartridge to load as its inherently accurate and not picky about loads. What rifle do you have?
I am not suprised to see 1 grn variation in some bullets. CM's love H4350 for one good powder choice and I am still suprised at how accurate Hornady ELD bullets are. If you are not shooting game try the ELD-M's in 140 or 147grn. For game the 143grn ELD-X is the one.
Good Shooting
The Thompson center compass. Can't get Hornady ammo to group right i can get the Accubond LR and the Berger hybrids to group sub MOA

the whole reason for the post was to have someone else weigh they're RDF projectile and postthe results. I'm trying to figure out if it is a bad batch or if it's normal.

Edited out my suggestion of the factory ammo since you posted while I was typing that you already tried it. I have two 6.5 CM rifles and haven't gotten 147's to group as well as 140's and 143's in either rifle.

Sooo (new here, hence the name)

I'm reloading for the 6.5CM and i finally got it to group semi-decent (MOA) at 100yd... brand new gun, brand new vortex diamond back tactical 4-12x44
Load is Hornady brass, fed 210, 140gr (9g) Nosler RDF, 39gr Hybrid V. OACL 2.815
hand loading I have to shoot max powder charge to group smaller than 1.5" group

I just got home and weighed the remaining 50 RDFs ona beam and digi scale and they're all 148.1-149.2.
I emailed Nosler but I want to load and potentially shoot tommorow but I'm not sure I can confidently load these.

anybody have weights on these to compare? Are they supposed to weigh 8-10grain more????

Very strange they would weigh almost 10 grains more than advertised! I don't have experience with these projectiles, but here's a bump for someone that does.

Very strange they would weigh almost 10 grains more than advertised! I don't have experience with these projectiles, but here's a bump for someone that does.
Going to verify scale accuracy tommorow. Called sportsman's in Albany where I bought them to double check and they opened and weighed and they were all +/- .1 gr

Going to verify scale accuracy tommorow. Called sportsman's in Albany where I bought them to double check and they opened and weighed and they were all +/- .1 gr
When was the last time you calibrated the scale?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top