6.5CM RDF Reloading questions

Reactions
Sooo (new here, hence the name)

I’m reloading for the 6.5CM and i finally got it to group semi-decent (MOA) at 100yd... brand new gun, brand new vortex diamond back tactical 4-12x44
Load is Hornady brass, fed 210, 140gr (9g) Nosler RDF, 39gr Hybrid V. OACL 2.815
hand loading I have to shoot max powder charge to group smaller than 1.5” group

I just got home and weighed the remaining 50 RDFs ona beam and digi scale and they’re all 148.1-149.2.
I emailed Nosler but I want to load and potentially shoot tommorow but I’m not sure I can confidently load these.

anybody have weights on these to compare? Are they supposed to weigh 8-10grain more????

flashpan

Reactions
The 6.5CM is an easy cartridge to load as its inherently accurate and not picky about loads. What rifle do you have?
I am not suprised to see 1 grn variation in some bullets. CM's love H4350 for one good powder choice and I am still suprised at how accurate Hornady ELD bullets are. If you are not shooting game try the ELD-M's in 140 or 147grn. For game the 143grn ELD-X is the one.
Good Shooting

OP
F
Reactions
The 6.5CM is an easy cartridge to load as its inherently accurate and not picky about loads. What rifle do you have?
I am not suprised to see 1 grn variation in some bullets. CM's love H4350 for one good powder choice and I am still suprised at how accurate Hornady ELD bullets are. If you are not shooting game try the ELD-M's in 140 or 147grn. For game the 143grn ELD-X is the one.
Good Shooting
The Thompson center compass. Can’t get Hornady ammo to group right i can get the Accubond LR and the Berger hybrids to group sub MOA

the whole reason for the post was to have someone else weigh they’re RDF projectile and postthe results. I’m trying to figure out if it is a bad batch or if it’s normal.

Arne K

Reactions
Edited out my suggestion of the factory ammo since you posted while I was typing that you already tried it. I have two 6.5 CM rifles and haven't gotten 147's to group as well as 140's and 143's in either rifle.

wp4

Reactions
Sooo (new here, hence the name)

I’m reloading for the 6.5CM and i finally got it to group semi-decent (MOA) at 100yd... brand new gun, brand new vortex diamond back tactical 4-12x44
Load is Hornady brass, fed 210, 140gr (9g) Nosler RDF, 39gr Hybrid V. OACL 2.815
hand loading I have to shoot max powder charge to group smaller than 1.5” group

I just got home and weighed the remaining 50 RDFs ona beam and digi scale and they’re all 148.1-149.2.
I emailed Nosler but I want to load and potentially shoot tommorow but I’m not sure I can confidently load these.

anybody have weights on these to compare? Are they supposed to weigh 8-10grain more????
Very strange they would weigh almost 10 grains more than advertised! I don't have experience with these projectiles, but here's a bump for someone that does.

OP
F
Reactions
Very strange they would weigh almost 10 grains more than advertised! I don't have experience with these projectiles, but here's a bump for someone that does.
Going to verify scale accuracy tommorow. Called sportsman’s in Albany where I bought them to double check and they opened and weighed and they were all +/- .1 gr

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent transfer and very helpful
    Was there yesterday and had my first private party transfer done. Went really smoothly and pj was very helpful. He was willing to make an...
  • MTS Enterprises Of WA
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy to work with!
    Joe is a great guy to work with. A++++
  • Axis Manufacturing
    5.00 star(s)
    Axis Manufacturing is a pretty small shop located near the Spokane County Fairgrounds. Small does not mean underwhelming here. This shop really is...
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Honest and Knowledgeable Gun Guy
    I made arrangements to go out to Banks, Oregon to purchase a 300 Blackout rifle Jeremy built. It seemed to be exactly what I was looking for and...
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    8/1/2020
    We went there today, at the righthand fork past the shooter info sign, and at the spot where there's a fallen log across a trail; good backstop...
Top Bottom