JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1950
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
St. Helens
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Selling my 6.5 PRC setup. The 6.5 affair was fun while it lasted, but I am going back to 7 mm. I just ordered my first custom rifle, so this one needs a new home. The action started life on a Proof Research Elevation rifle, I took that rifle apart and sold some of the components and built this. It is a Bighorn Origin short action, stamped with proof's markings. I put on a proof research steel barrel and put it in a Mesa Precision Altitude stock with the APA m5 DBM and Bix and Andy trigger. I have not done comprehensive load development but it shoots the factory 147 eld-m around ½-3/4 inch at 100, factory 143 gr Eld-x ¾-1". I got the 140 gr Bergers to shoot ~1/2" also. Rifle weighs 7.4 pounds as it is with magazine and picatinny rail. I've got right around 180 rounds fired. Only range time, never carried for hunting. I also have a standard sized bolt head I'll include.

Overall it's in good condition. I bedded the stock myself. There are a few spots by the ejection port where some epoxy worked its way under the tape, I included pics. It's not very noticeable but it's there. There is also a few marks on the bolt where the DLC coating is "spotted", included pics of that as well. Otherwise it's in great shape.

Price: $1950 buyer pays transfer fees

Below is the full specs:
Action: Bighorn Origin short action (proof markings) with Bighorn 20 moa rail and extra standard bolt head
Barrel: Proof Research medium sporter steel barrel, 1:7.5 twist
Stock: Mesa Precision Altitude stock (made by AG composites) inlet for Origin Action and APA M5, desert camo. Bedded for action.
Trigger: Bix n Andy tacsport 2 stage
DBM: APA SA RTG with 2 Accurate mag WSM/SAUM 3 round magazines (2.950 coal)

Reloading Components:
Lee full length die set
Forster Bushing shoulder bump Neck sizing die with 3 bushings
Bag of Hornady 3x fired brass and some 2x fired brass (I didn't count exactly how many)
8 boxes of fired brass from another rifle. I bought these from someone else, they have not been fired in this rifle or resized. They are once fired.
Lee quick trim die and case length gauge trimmer
Hornady modified 6.5 PRC case (for finding COAL)
Berger Bullets: 140 gr elite hunter (~15 ea) and 156 gr EOL (~30 ea)
143 gr ELD-X (~80 ea)
140 gr Nosler Partition (new Box)

Thanks for looking, any questions let me know!

61440838401__96D8FAA6-0675-4E87-8F41-BD8604D546F1.JPG IMG_5659.JPG IMG_6017.JPG IMG_6019.JPG IMG_6021.JPG IMG_6025.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6027.JPG IMG_6032.JPG IMG_6034.JPG IMG_6024.JPG IMG_6022.JPG IMG_6029.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
All reloading components sold, only the rifle, 2 mags and the extra bolt head are left. $1950 for rifle. I updated the original post to reflect the sale.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.