JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Standart AR 15 lower is 100 % compatible for 6.5G. I build one myself,in process of building 2nd. If you got any questions or run into problems - contact me I`ll share what i know.

again yes, I just finshed building mine. All together except sights and optics. I went with the 18" barrel& bolt combo with upper for $425. Had the barrel bead blasted.

Alexander Arms...
18" barrel& bolt combo with upper for $425
Carrier Assembly $90
Vltor Gas Block $60

YH
Light Weight Free Float 4 Rail Forearms $104.00 On Sale

a friend
PWS Flash Suppressor $100
Charging Handle w/ Tactical Latch $40

Cproducts
25 round, 6.5 Grendel stainless steel magazine $14
5 round 6.5 Grendel stainless steel $14

they also have 10 and 20 rnd mags

Last Edited:
again yes, I just finshed building mine. All together except sights and optics. I went with the 18" barrel& bolt combo with upper for $425. Had the barrel bead blasted.

Alexander Arms...
18" barrel& bolt combo with upper for $425
Carrier Assembly $90
Vltor Gas Block $60

YH
Light Weight Free Float 4 Rail Forearms $104.00 On Sale

a friend
PWS Flash Suppressor $100
Charging Handle w/ Tactical Latch $40

Cproducts
25 round, 6.5 Grendel stainless steel magazine $14
5 round 6.5 Grendel stainless steel $14

they also have 10 and 20 rnd mags

Here's the obvious question I guess...Do you think it was worth it?

Well in the begining I did set off to do it as cheap as I could and then started to look at diferent option.. " was it worth it?" I beleave it will be. I bought the dies, shells and convertion kit for my dillon so I can reload. I will be able to tell you more once I take it out and shoot a few hundred rounds through it. I like the fact that the 6.5 has better BC then a 308/7.62 and greater range then 223/5.56.

I built the Grendel for less then I paid for my RRA Entry Tac. That includes the the lower with a NM triger and LPK.

I am having 102 rounds of 7.62x39 resized and then loaded so I fire form them. That will give me 202 rounds of brass to play with. The Grendel has relative low pressure and I have know guys who can reload there brass 10+ times for each piece.

I got into the Grendel as my 'hot rod' round where the .308 and other mil rounds are more utilitarian if that makes sense. The cost of brass prevents any economical way of storing mass quantities so go into this with an open mind and learn patience. Do not expect to order anything Grendel and have it ship in less than 4 weeks, if it does then you have received a blessing.

A non-NWF friend of mine shoots the Grendel and have .75" 5 round groups while fire forming brass. This is an excellent round with unlimited potential for an all purpose hunting and target shooting.

SF-

I am having 102 rounds of 7.62x39 resized and then loaded so I fire form them. That will give me 202 rounds of brass to play with. The Grendel has relative low pressure and I have know guys who can reload there brass 10+ times for each piece.

I got into the Grendel as my 'hot rod' round where the .308 and other mil rounds are more utilitarian if that makes sense. The cost of brass prevents any economical way of storing mass quantities so go into this with an open mind and learn patience. Do not expect to order anything Grendel and have it ship in less than 4 weeks, if it does then you have received a blessing.

A non-NWF friend of mine shoots the Grendel and have .75" 5 round groups while fire forming brass. This is an excellent round with unlimited potential for an all purpose hunting and target shooting.

SF-

Agreed...

It only took about 16 days for me to get my Grendel items. But it took me about 3 months to get everything I wanted to build it.. most of that time was spent desiding on how I wanted it to go. Did I want a rail system, was I going to use sights or optics or both, most of your time will be spent trying to deside on how your going to put it together.. Im sure once I start loading and running rounds though my weapon i will love it more then my M4

i had one factory built upper it had a out of spec carrier key i was not happy with the customer service or shall i say lack of but i diagnosed it and fixed it my self.

i used wolf ammo soft nose not impressed had feed issues with 4 round factory mag but it worked good with c product high cap mag

i think the problem may have been related to the key and ammo possibly break in since it was brand new every one else seems happy with them

i ended up selling it

the guy i sold it to never complained but he used premium ammo through

So if I understand correctly, just about all AR upper/lower parts are compatible w/ the Grendel except the barrel, bolt, carrier and magazine- And you likely want a bigger buffer and spring. Is that correct? I'm building an AR now, and am contemplating a Grendel. I have all the parts for the lower, but haven't started in on the upper yet (so now would be a good time to figure my bubblegum out :) )

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads