JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check this guy out for your barrel and bolt. MONSTER 12 6.5 Grendel Barrel
The barrels are made by green mountain, bolts are headspaced. Decent guy to work with.
I have a set in 20". Shoots well, no problems.
I also have that same bca upper reciever, lapped the bearing surface, runs fine. Watch the charging handle, it gets loose.

I was watching one of BCA's video's on Youtube, and they were saying to put a little loctite on the side charging handle, then let sit for 48 hrs.

Thank you for your helpful response. I am only going to get the 10 round mags, which is what I have on order. Your right the higher cap mags seem not to be consisten from what I have read.

Im not interested in Elk with this platform/cartridge. I will use my .30-06 for that. But I will be using the 6.5 Grendel for Black Bear, Cougar, Mulely's and smaller.

3" at 600 yards sounds great to me.

Thank you for responding to what I was asking in my thread. 420 yards is quite a shot. The ELD Match, thats the new BLACK ELDM right?

Thats my plan with the Wolf ammo, plinking.

I will be ordering some Hornady SST and BLACK to see what the barrel likes most for grouping.
yeah hornady black in 6.5 grendel is the ELDm bullet.

I was watching one of BCA's video's on Youtube, and they were saying to put a little loctite on the side charging handle, then let sit for 48 hrs.
I do the opposite!
Because you need to remove the handle to slide the bolt carrier out of the reciever, I use a bit of never seize on the threads and crank it down tight.
I plan to try a nylon washer or copper crush washer next time i clean it.
I just don't like the idea of putting locktite on a part that needs to be removed regularly. But if you can easily break the locktite maybe I'm trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist!

I've barely broken mine in yet (200 rounds of hand rolled and about 50 of wolf fmj), but it seems to be a decent low budget receiver.

I shot two besr this year with my 6.5 LBC AKA 6.5 Grendel with 120gr PPU BTHPs handloaded with 31.8 grains of Leverevelotion fps is just over 2,600 fps from my 20in barrel. One at 340 yards and one at 15 yards both dropped DRT.

Well, I finished up the build. I can post a picture if someone wants to see it. Bought WPA 100gr FMJ for practice. Also bought Hornady ELD-M Black rounds. Cycling both through the receiver went well. Im not suppose to go out and target practice yet with the fire restrictions in place. Currently have a large fire around Selah.

I shot two besr this year with my 6.5 LBC AKA 6.5 Grendel with 120gr PPU BTHPs handloaded with 31.8 grains of Leverevelotion fps is just over 2,600 fps from my 20in barrel. One at 340 yards and one at 15 yards both dropped DRT.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I have a BCA build as well, but haven't shot it yet. Upper is still brand new in the box. I got it over a year ago. I've spent too much time playing with my 6.8 SPC APR build... It hits very hard with the 130gr. hard cast pills I make for it... I'm running modified mags to get that extra bit of powder space for it. It will kill anything it hits at 400 yards or less.

Most hunting nerds say that beyond 400 yards is not humane unless your sporting a 300 win mag or stronger. So an AR-10 maybe, but not an AR-15 platform.

I have seen the video of the 15 year old girl take out an Elk with a 6.5 Grendel after four shots at 430 yards. It wasn't pretty. I'm used to one or two shots and DRT out of my 270 at under 400 yards. The Grendel should be able to do the same with a LOT less recoil. That 270 kills you as it only weighs 6 lbs.

By the time I got my Grendel put together, the 6mm ARC came out... so I'm a sucker for the new shinny and now I'm waiting on my ARC barrel. So I'll probably end up selling my 6.5 upper or gifting it to a family member as the ARC looks very promising as a reloader.

Rodney

I have a BCA build as well, but haven't shot it yet. Upper is still brand new in the box. I got it over a year ago. I've spent too much time playing with my 6.8 SPC APR build... It hits very hard with the 130gr. hard cast pills I make for it... I'm running modified mags to get that extra bit of powder space for it. It will kill anything it hits at 400 yards or less.

Most hunting nerds say that beyond 400 yards is not humane unless your sporting a 300 win mag or stronger. So an AR-10 maybe, but not an AR-15 platform.

I have seen the video of the 15 year old girl take out an Elk with a 6.5 Grendel after four shots at 430 yards. It wasn't pretty. I'm used to one or two shots and DRT out of my 270 at under 400 yards. The Grendel should be able to do the same with a LOT less recoil. That 270 kills you as it only weighs 6 lbs.

By the time I got my Grendel put together, the 6mm ARC came out... so I'm a sucker for the new shinny and now I'm waiting on my ARC barrel. So I'll probably end up selling my 6.5 upper or gifting it to a family member as the ARC looks very promising as a reloader.

Rodney
Just swap the barrel. 6mm ARC and 6.5 Grendel uses the same BCG and magazines.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top