Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

6.5 Grendel Finally Finished

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MacBookProAR, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

Well, it is almost complete. Just some odds and ends here and there.

List o' Parts you care about:
    Satern Bolt and Barrel 24" 1:8.75 twist 5/8x24 muzzle threads and .750 gas block
    Noveske Switchblock (single-shot goodness and quietness)
    YHM Diamond Rail
    YHM Phantom 7.62
    Magpul PRS stock and Miad Grip
    Nightforce 5.5x-22x
    Nightforce Unimount 20moa Rings
    Geissele Match Rifle Adjustable Trigger

So far its been a good shooter. Had her out to 200yds today and was shooting pretty good groups <1". Then moved out to 400yds and hit left of the target 3 feet with my last three shots I had loaded. Got back to the truck and realized that the scope base was as loose. Must have been the insane cold that made it come loose walking back to 400yds.

Just shot with the Mark 4 4.5x-14x today and then put together the entire lower and mounted up the Nightforce tonight. Ready to get back out there and see if tight scope rings and 22x will help with this load development.

(Bad lighting in my office, but I purposefully made the picture like one of those crazy "find the tiny laptop drive in this photo" books.)

5322531157_0d074421b2_z.jpg

5323135004_9aed1e5724_z.jpg

5322528551_fd690438d6_z.jpg

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

those are some pretty expensive rings to work themselves loose, i'd be angry . maybe try some locktite

3. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

No loctite and not a whole lot of torqing + put on when super warm made for them coming loose. Now that the permanent scope is on, loctite was used and it was torqued way down. won't come loose this time.

4. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

If I had to buttstroke 13 dudes in the face do you think that stock could handle it?

And secondly how fast does it shoot?

5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

You are going to have yours dialed in before I get mine finished. Damn lower is back ordered!

How do you like the 20moa Rings vs a 20moa rail? I've got a old Hakko scope on mine for the time being. Need good base and rings, probably Warne rings and a 20moa rail.

You dressed your Grendel just like my AR10.
    noveske03.jpg

24" Overwatch Grendel.
    MIparts01.jpg

Borrowed a lower off my A2.
    Grendel01.jpg

6. C&H

C&H SW Portland Member

Sweet NES Advantage.
    Man, I loved that joystick.

Also, is that a DLINK DIR-655? Decent router.

Cool gun too.