JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your best bet on the cheap is the 16" Anderson saami barrel for $100 very hard to find in stock though. Or check on the grendel forum, they currently have a $50 Lehigh defense group buy for the QPQ bolts. if its closed they will do a second round shortly. Im just about to get my two 12" faxon barrels VERY stoked!:D 600ft/lbs @ 600yrds!!!:cool:

Your best bet on the cheap is the 16" Anderson saami barrel for $100 very hard to find in stock though. Or check on the grendel forum, they currently have a $50 Lehigh defense group buy for the QPQ bolts. if its closed they will do a second round shortly. Im just about to get my two 12" faxon barrels VERY stoked!:D 600ft/lbs @ 600yrds!!!:cool:
Out of a 12" barrel?

Eh looks like 549 out of a 14.5" so should be about 525 out of a 12" but this will be a 5 land poly that should get slightly better ballistics and with some custom loading 600 isn't that far off. But i wont push the limits.. these stats are from Alexander arms own site with 129gr Hornady SST's... Its an truly amazing round! The best round all around! The wave if the future. Youtube grendel 1500yrd milk jug.

This link to pdf may work? http://alexanderarms.com/images/pdfs/grendel_ballistics.pdf

I just got started with 6.5C and am really intrigued by 6.5 ballistic performance in general. The Grendel is on the list, but probably not for a while unless I find a killer deal on a bolt/barrel combo. Best I have seen is complete uppers from $500 or so.

Passing this forward from another Forum Member who passed it to me.

www.undergroundtactical.com
Ive never seen anyone sell both "type 1" and "type 2" bolts... Dont people know the grendel has been saami spec'd now. So REALLY its just saami and non saami at this point. I used to like les bear but his rushing to the finish line really screwed the pooch on this subject. And for the prices i saw you can get 9310 QPQ nitrided bolts for $50... Or the AA hard use bolt for $20 more at $99.
The AA barrels are getting fantastic reviews and for $200 for either 16" or 18" is a pretty damn good deal! DIY Parts & Components I've already got two faxon 12" on the way. Im looking for 20"-24" now. For 16" beaters for cheap wolf, high volume shooting plinking I'd wait and get the Andersons. If i were to get 18" I'd probably go with Alexander. You get alot of barrel for $200 and its definitely worth the wait. I think most places have a wait on barrels for Grendel right now.

Also FYI for those who dont know the "type 1" is just a 7.62x39 bolt and the Grendel has a thicker stronger rim and is more likely to break the extractor that has to be thinned even further to use for grendels. Ol' Bill Alexander knew what he was doing and did ALL the research design and engineering required. I'd never get anything but saami and id never reccomend it. FYI the Anderson barrels are SAAMI and not type 1 as listed on thier website. (I HATE Anderson's website) hopefully they update it sometime in the next few years.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top