Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

6.5 creedmore barrel for savage NEW

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by chowser2, Nov 9, 2011.

1. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

I have a new never fired CBI(criterion) barrel

26" - Stainless Match - Small Shank - Bull barrel - 6.5 Creedmoor - 8 Twist

This is a pre fit barrel for a savage rifle. It will only fit small shank threading

barrel is brand new and just showed up at my door, asking what I paid minus shipping

$275

i'll try to post up a picture on monday

for more information about this barrel
    Login

to see how easy it is to change a savage barrel look here

Savage to Criterion Barrel Swap - YouTube

IMG_2404.jpg

2. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

bump

3. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

bump

4. Slayer

Slayer Albany OR Member

What is the barrel diameter? Thanks

5. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

i'll measeure it and get back to you tonight

6. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

1 inch diameter

7. xoddah

xoddah Sandy Or Member

May I ask why you are selling the barrel

I was about to order one for 7mm rem mag, same guy

I have a 6.5x55 AI and dont need another 6.5 BUT a good deal for someone who does not want to wait 3 - 4 months
    6.5 will shoot the eye out of a small snake in the dark at one mile underwater EZ

8. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

I am selling it because I have adhd and I am very impulsive. I bought it because I was disappointed in my 28" shilen 308 bull that I had on my savage. I sent my 308 to get threaded and while it was gone I decided to order a new barrel while my 308 was gone just in case I could not get the accuracy I wanted from the 308. By the time It arrived I had already received my 308 back and had it remounted on my savage.

my thoughts were 30-40% less kick than a 308 and better BC what could be better

however my 308 has the kick of a 17hmr(or somewhere between 17hmr and 223) with my muzzle brake and I can now hit a clay pigeon at 500 yards, and can see my shots hit at 100 yards so I decided to stay with the shilen.

I must have head spaced it wrong when i first put it on, I haven't even done load testing on the 308 yet

a friend actually just gave me and OLD savage 7mm mag that has a small shank and I am debating about keeping this barrel or changing it to a 300 win mag

9. xoddah

xoddah Sandy Or Member

Thank you for the info
    I believe I will go ahead and order the 7MM barrel, criterion seems to be a quality product, that, was my interest, I can get one on my front door in 10 days or so

My intent is to make a 7mm Practical (300 win mag action / 7mm barrel )
    I have studied this to death, and believe I will go ahead, I am quiet proficient with
    my other 7mm Rem Mag, (by my measure ) and want something new, If I am not satisfied I will put the 300 barrel back on and do something different. At least there is not a 16 week wait then it does not work out.
    Good to hear you are satisfied with your 308, Keep shooting
    Tom

10. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

7mm is a great round, I just wanna condense calibers to make reloading easier.

11. xoddah

xoddah Sandy Or Member

I enjoy reloading as much as shooting
    I am anal retentive to a fault, but it is my world so I can trim and re point meplats
    polish brass and my dies with a buffer. add or remove powder granules with tweezers, shoot over a chronograph, add all together and ponder for days what to do with the results. perfect !
    Then move on to another project of some sort. Good thing I dont drink I guess Ha

12. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

bump

13. chickenfarmer

chickenfarmer dayton, or Member

Do you still have this barrel?