JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not Tikka that's turning me off brother, it's the constant Tikka chatter and pictures that's making me mental. Like any other rifle is garbage except a Tikka. Makes me want to sell mine, buy/build something else just to show that ain't true. :)

I hear you my friend. I know I'm one of the ones that posts a lot of pics. How about a good picture of my Stevens 200 22-250. Those old Steven's 200 rifles can shoot buddy!!! At a recent centerfire shoot, I was itching to take out my old steven's 200 "skinny barrel" 22-250. You know light weight barrels don't shoot. HA HA HA..:p;)
4krqdmK.jpg

I love the old Stevens rifle:
Y03GMNY.jpg
eCH9hJe.jpg

I hear you my friend. I know I'm one of the ones that posts a lot of pics. How about a good picture of my Stevens 200 22-250. Those old Steven's 200 rifles can shoot buddy!!! At a recent centerfire shoot, I was itching to take out my old steven's 200 "skinny barrel" 22-250. You know light weight barrels don't shoot. HA HA HA..:p;)
View attachment 600702

I love the old Stevens rifle:
View attachment 600703
View attachment 600704

Pictures are GREAT! Just not the same one over and over again. o_O

Oh man, great thread. LOL... I was hoping I'd be able to add some good advice to it, since I've bought 5 6.5 creedmoor rifles in the last 5 months!!!!! Maybe not though.. :D . Hopefully the OP will pick what he feels is the best rifle for him. For hunting, dang near anything will work. From superlite to sort of heavy. Fit and balance are the more critical part of the equation. Of course we always want them to shoot well. That just adds to the confidence we need to have in our hunting rifles. I won't take a poor shooting rifle in the field. I need to know it's going to put that bullet in the vitals every time all the time, no questions asked..

Oh man, great thread. LOL... I was hoping I'd be able to add some good advice to it, since I've bought 5 6.5 creedmoor rifles in the last 5 months!!!!! Maybe not though.. :D . Hopefully the OP will pick what he feels is the best rifle for him. For hunting, dang near anything will work. From superlite to sort of heavy. Fit and balance are the more critical part of the equation. Of course we always want them to shoot well. That just adds to the confidence we need to have in our hunting rifles. I won't take a poor shooting rifle in the field. I need to know it's going to put that bullet in the vitals every time all the time, no questions asked..

Good points. I'd like to know what the OP chooses as well and how it performs. :)

In before Stompers same ole single hole Tikka grouping. :eek:
For sure. He really needs to get out and shoot more!!!!!! Well, if it were me and looking for a good lightweight hunting rifle chambered for the 6.5 creedmoor it would be the Tikka superlite. There isn't much that's going to touch it. Howeverr, there are other options like Savage. Savage is puting out a nice model 10 with a camo stock and medium weight 22" barrel that could be a shooting machine and good hunter, but it's quite a bit heavier than a Tikka. It would likely hang with it in the accuracy department though... I also have a Tikka CTR, but would probably NOT hunt with it, unless I know I'm going to be shooting from a good supported position. Like my spot in the deschutes canyons. But for a pack around and hunt, exceptionally accurate, perfectly functioning rifle, it's going to be hard to find something better than the Tikka superlite IMHO. The Bergara B14 Hunter would be another great candidate. Just some options I'm throwing out there. By the way, here's how my superlite shoots day in and day out:
View attachment 600695
Makes me want to sell mine TBH.
Wait......did he post a new target. The only one I ever see is the one with 3 holes in it...
I had that picture linked, the new upgrade must have made it go by by.
Lol nope. Same one.

I'm glad all three of you have your menstruation cycles all synched and posted all of that at once... three consecutive weeks of "above it all" haterism would get older than anything I've been doing...

Note to self: middle of the month, bring three gift boxes of maxi-pads for the new "tres amigas" around here. ;):p

Oh, and the almost $500 I had scraped up for a certain local pro-shooting organization... is now going to SAF. :s0140:

Aloha from Hawaii! :s0090:

1C1ECEBE-38A7-4091-B8EC-D22DC68725C8.jpeg

Well I'm leaning towards the Weatherby mark v Weathermark. It's lighter then the the other rifles I listed and I really like stocks compared to the others. With the monte carlo cheek riser and the aluminum bedding. I am partial to them as I have a 300wm accumark. I really appreciate all the replies and pics posted.

Savage rifles have always treated me well.

The Tikka fanboys lay it on a bit thick at times.
lol.
I get being passionate about what you have...It's all good...Hell, I even got in a fight as a kid because the neighbor boy said his Dad's Chevy was better than my Dad's Ford. :s0114: