JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Questionable is being too nice I think. Think if someone bought a car they liked and then the manufacturer said "oh we'll keep yours cuz there is a safety issue we don't want to fix but we will give u this cheaper model that you have no interest in". There would be class action suits up the wazoo. But I see what u mean about moving on from their b.s.

Minor update on this; they finally, almost two months ago, opened the filing period. I filled out all the details online and done. Nothing. Today received something from Rossi; wee, finally a Big Pineapple ($50) I'll toss into the money market. Nope, yet another form letter, with claim form, telling me about the recall. Well done.

Taurus: Never Fail to Disappoint. :p

...you, my friend, need a S&W 696 :s0155:

I'd love to have this wheel gun, a pre-lock modern 44spl, hell yes.

696_poster.jpg

might also take a look at the relatively newish S&W model 69, 5 shot 44 mag L-frame. 37 oz, 2 1/2 or 4" barrel. I just put 100 rounds downrange from one and found it quite impressive.

Hey Gent,

Since this thread has come back up, how are liking the 686 so far?

Dean

I haven't shot it as much as I would have liked, but so far, it is excellent. I've mainly done informal shooting on metallic silhouettes, bowling pins, and spinners, and no issues there. Works like a beaut. Though I liked the Rossi they absconded with, this one is better is almost every respect. Lemons into lemonade kind of thing. :)

An 8 shot ruger redhawk caught my eye the other day, sexy lady. But still I would have to recommend the 686 over it.
That's got to appeal to many "outdoorsmen". For almost anything the .357 is plenty. A centerfire revolver with that many rounds is fairly unusual.
This could make it even harder to make the decision between mid and large frame guns.

I haven't shot it as much as I would have liked, but so far, it is excellent. I've mainly done informal shooting on metallic silhouettes, bowling pins, and spinners, and no issues there. Works like a beaut.

When I had my 686+ I started shooting at longer distances than normal handgun plinking distances. That was also when I stumbled into a large supply of empty freon canisters. Slightly smaller than a 5 gallon propane tank, and a lot of fun to tumble at 40-50 yards.

An 8 shot ruger redhawk caught my eye the other day, sexy lady. But still I would have to recommend the 686 over it.
Take advantage of the Redhawk's size and get it in .45 Colt (site says acp, but it shoots Colt, too).
With a 4" barrel, its only 4 oz,. heavier than a GP100.

I love my GP100 , and I have owned or shot just about all them, I would get a GP100 , I hate 7 shooters, but that's probably silly, but it seems like it can't be as strong as a 6 shooter, And it seems like it should be bought with a stack of 3 dollar bills ! Now I might hang onto your wallet a while, in 2020 we will be seeing a new Colt python !

I love my GP100 , and I have owned or shot just about all them, I would get a GP100 , I hate 7 shooters, but that's probably silly, but it seems like it can't be as strong as a 6 shooter, And it seems like it should be bought with a stack of 3 dollar bills ! Now I might hang onto your wallet a while, in 2020 we will be seeing a new Colt python !
With a reported MSRP of $1,499.00, it still might be tempting. Especially if the new design lock work proves more durable than the old original. With Colt's affinity for filing bankruptcy, it might be worth buying one as an investment.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top