JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They count on that. I'm just dick enough to go for those beans.

I most certainly respect that and am glad for those that royally stick it to them. I'm, however, painfully aware of how few years on this little blue marble I have, so have to pick and choose what battles I will engage in. To each their own and godspeed. :)

Looks like @CountryGent picked himself a sweetie, stainless 686, you'll enjoy that. I have the 3" version, sweet revolver with seven rounds of .357 magnum goodness!

Congratulations sir, good choice!

Thank you for the well wishes, amigo. :D

This is what I'd buy because I don't care for a 6" barrel on a revolver.
Wish I'd not sold this one. -5, if I remember correctly.
P1010002.JPG
P1010003.JPG

The Smith and Wesson Model-27 is the Full Dressed version of the Highway Patrolman and the ones I have Owned and Shot. Personally, I think they're worth the extra Money.
It should also be noted that the Barrel Profile of the Model-27 is that of the Model-29/57 while the Highway Patrolman is much more of a Pencil Barrel Profile. And of the several different Barrel Lengths(3-1/2", 4", 5", 6", & 8-3/8" ) the Model-27 came in I personally like the 5" the Best.

I get the desire for no interlock, that said I've never had nor heard of any having an issue with their performance. YMMV

It's not an operational issue in my mind, but an aesthetic one.

In addition to the aforementioned crappy looking hole, it represents a major shift in old school quality, the loss of hand fitting quality forged components, replaced with MIM parts and diminished QC, it also represents the time's political cave-in in the name of "safety", to say nothing of that fact it introduces more complexity to an already complex mechanical device that is heralded for it's simplicity. Personally, I'll never own one, period and I won't even go into the nightmares related to this subject.

I think everyone should have a wheel gun in .357, kinda like a 1911 in 45acp. It's just how things are supposed to be. Don't get me wrong others more and different are all good as well. For the correct number of guns is indeed just one more. Oh and my .357 is a 4" blued GP-100.

I just have an aversion to extra holes.

(teehee)

I think everyone should have a wheel gun in .357

Ditto. My first exposure to said was decades ago, when my late uncle (God rest his soul), would shoot a magnificent Dan Wesson on the Oregon Dunes with my family. He passed at the age of 29, so too young. Not that is uncommon in my family tree, but it is what it is. The day after the next I'm taking the family out to the dunes. :s0155:

Like @CountryGent says, you pick your battles. You can't get this one with out that "extra hole".
I wanted "this one."

View attachment 610336

A beauty. :D

Most people would get pretty riled up over what happened to Country Gent with his Rossi, but he sees a bigger picture.
He chooses not to spend all that time, energy and money on "stickin' it to them" and ends up with a nicer, better gun than he would've gotten in the trade-out (if it were done as they said they would do it)….AND, he still has a "gun" that he can trade off for....anything!
Country Gent not only wins, but teaches us all a lesson in restraint and using one's noggin' for something besides a "hat rack" (as my father used to say).
Congrats on your latest grab Gent. Can't wait to see the pics when she arrives. :s0155:

Dean

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads