JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, just placed an order for the 686:

on-Model-686-Plus-Deluxe-150712-022188141580.jpg_1.jpg

Many thanks to everyone. You guys are awesome. :s0155:

Alright, update on this project:

• Wife came home. She's pissed. Not at me, thank the Creator, but Rossi. She suggests I fight it, because it is a raw deal. I tell her it isn't worth the time and aggravation. (My plan is to sell the snub, buy a replacement, and send a letter to Taurus telling them they suck and I won't be buying another wheelgun of their's ever.) After she simmers down, she says "Do whatever, my love" and is now making a late chicken dinner.
  • I am about to order the 7-shot Ruger GP101 on Grab-a-Gun and then I spy a Ruger Redhawk, 8-shooter, with a 5½" barrel.* It is a C-note more than the aforementioned and has a shorter barrel, but damn, what a fine looking revolver.
Thoughts?

* This one:
View attachment 609963
Just double check that you don't have to use clips.

Don't know if they still have half lug as an option? I changed out the grip inserts with ivory micarta.

View attachment 609944

That is sweet! I want one now, I have never cared for the full underlug of the standard GP100 but recognize the improvement over the Security/Speed/Police Six. One of my dream guns is a Bowen GP-44, I've got Alaskan ready to go, now I need a 5.5 Redhawk or at least the barrel.

To quote the aforementioned former douche president, "I feel your pain". I'm successfully washing away this mental image with a combination of booze and racy videos. On that score, one that features loose and fierce women. Enjoy:

Haha, well wishes friends. :s0155:

Hmmm... I'd be having a discussion with a manager, considering there's still a 6" Model 66 in the current Taurus Catalog. I would think if pushed, they'll go like for like...

Might want to consult the family attorney as well, I think they're legally obligated to replace with a like item. Could be wrong though, wife seems to always think so...

6A1C618A-50F4-4DB1-B619-9266E120D6BE.png

Hmmm... I'd be having a discussion with a manager, considering there's still a 6" Model 66 in the current Taurus Catalog. I would think if pushed, they'll go like for like...

Might want to consult the family attorney as well, I think they're legally obligated to replace with a like item. Could be wrong though, wife seems to always think so...

View attachment 610010

I was thinking the same thing, totally agree with that, I'd call BS and tell them to replace with a comparable gun or refund your $$$. A letter from your lawyer would most likely solve the problem. At least then you could sell it and put the cash toward a real gun.

View attachment 610010
I was thinking the same thing, totally agree with that, I'd call BS and tell them to replace with a comparable gun or refund your $$$. A letter from your lawyer would most likely solve the problem. At least then you could sell it and put the cash toward a real gun.

All those thoughts crossed my mind too. My beloved wife argued something fierce to have me do so. Taurus does make every flavor of wheelgun, so why not replace it with the closest one? Who knows what idiotic corporate decision resulted in said.

Time and energy is at a premium, and the cost difference is at a point that I don't personally care. What our family attorney would charge for the time and a letter is about, give or take, the difference. Crap? Totally, to the point I'm even more than a little stunned by the idiocy, and I will never, ever buy another Taurus or Rossi again. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. And I have a nice S&W on the way and I'll dump the snub the second it comes in. (shrug)

Well wishes friends. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads