JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, but I'm always ready to give an opinion!
Really, I see two options. Ruger and S&W. GP100 and 686+.
Ruger is probably a little less, but is a hell of a gun. Very strong, too. I think they are a little blocky in their shape/style, and that's likely what helped me make the decision to buy the S&W. I really like a round butt on a revolver and the 7 shots of the 686+ are nice. It's more than strong enough to use lots of heavy loads. (I prefer a hotly loaded 158gr)

Didn't know that was an option. Is that blued or SS? Does Ruger still make them?

Don't know if they still have half lug as an option? I changed out the grip inserts with ivory micarta.

Big-Guns-2.jpg

Alright, update on this project:

• Wife came home. She's pissed. Not at me, thank the Creator, but Rossi. She suggests I fight it, because it is a raw deal. I tell her it isn't worth the time and aggravation. (My plan is to sell the snub, buy a replacement, and send a letter to Taurus telling them they suck and I won't be buying another wheelgun of their's ever.) After she simmers down, she says "Do whatever, my love" and is now making a late chicken dinner.
  • I am about to order the 7-shot Ruger GP101 on Grab-a-Gun and then I spy a Ruger Redhawk, 8-shooter, with a 5½" barrel.* It is a C-note more than the aforementioned and has a shorter barrel, but damn, what a fine looking revolver.
Thoughts?

* This one:
Ruger-Redhawk-5060-736676050604.jpg_1.jpg

Last Edited:

• Wife came home. She's pissed. Not at me, thank the Creator, but Rossi. She suggests I fight it, because it is a raw deal. I tell her it isn't worth the, time and aggravation. (My plan is to sell the snub, buy a replacement, and send a letter to Taurus telling them they suck and I won't be buying another wheelgun of theirs ever.) After she simmers down, she says "Do whatever, my love" and is now making a late chicken dinner.
  • I am about to order the 7-shot Ruger GP101 on Grab-a-Gun and then I spy a Ruger Redhawk, 8-shooter, with a 5½" barrel.* It is a C-note more than the aforementioned and has a shorter barrel, but damn, what a fine looking revolver.
Thoughts?

* This one:
View attachment 609963

• Wife came home. She's pissed. Not at me, thank the Creator, but Rossi. She suggests I fight it, because it is a raw deal. I tell her it isn't worth the, time and aggravation. (My plan is to sell the snub, buy a replacement, and send a letter to Taurus telling them they suck and I won't be buying another wheelgun of theirs ever.) After she simmers down, she says "Do whatever, my love" and is now making a late chicken dinner.
Thoughts?

* This one:
View attachment 609963

A new 686 will run you $650.....

Thoughts?

* This one:
View attachment 609963

NICE, only 1/2inch shorter so should be no problem. The weight would make it fun and easy for the kind of shooting you want it for.

That does sound like a good deal. I presume they make them in a 6" barrel? :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top