JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at getting about 10-15 5gal square buckets. But I can't seem to find any... I have searched the forum, but I must really suck at it, b/c I can't find any info. They don't have to be brand new, just able to put food grade items in them (ice).

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of finding some? Matter it be Astoria, Newport, Portland and Salem surrounding areas.

Thanks!

CS

If you have the time, find a bakery.

Raid their recycling.

If you don't have time and way too much money, Bob's Redmill in Milwaukie has them, but they were Way too spendy there.

I think around 8 bucks a bucket. :s0001:

Wait, was it the round ones that were spendy, and the square ones reasonable?

Can't remember, give 'em a call

There is a guy in Hillsboro that sells all sorts of buckets and barrels (4gallon square buckets are amongst his inventory)

I have his email if you are still looking.

CJ

Last Edited:
Hi. Check with old time drive in burger joints (no McD's or BK's). They always seem to be getting square buckets with food product in it. They might smell like what came in them, but they are clean! I got a few once from one in Lake Chelan for cleaning our boat.

Do you have a link as to why no bleach? I've been using it in dilution all along.

I also wash them with a baking soda/water mix. It removes odors.

From an e-mail I received,
"This is good information.

Peroxide VS Bleach

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (a doctor's wife), and I want to share it with you. She was over recently for coffee and smelled the bleach I was using to clean my toilet and counter tops. This is what she told me:

"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ole bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. What does bleach cost? My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide.

"Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!! Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy! Ask the nurses who work in the doctor's offices, and ask them if they use bleach at home. They are wiser and know better!

"Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's chlorine, folks! And it was used to kill troops.

"Peroxide was invented during WWI. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals. Please think about this:

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and
hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe.) No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash..

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of
germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and
leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to
kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of
peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes
several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal
with any medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and
keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic
system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture
whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to
kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose
into a tissue.

9 If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right
away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten
minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus,
or other skin infections.

11. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of
whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

12. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors. There is no smearing, which
is why I love it so much for this.

"I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without!

"With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner!"

This information really woke me up. I hope you gain something from
it, too.
"

I worked in catering chef for years and use to do the same as you.:s0155:

"P.S. don't wash with bleach water, use a Hydrogen peroxide-water mix "

A bleach solution is fine to use. Both items are oxidants....bleach is cheaper. You have to use common sense, but the fact of the matter is, chlorine has saved hundreds of millions of lives. Both as a disinfectant before discharging treated wastewater back to rivers and as a disinfectant in the drinking water supply. Typhoid fever, cholera and the like are nearly unheard of in this country and western europe due to chlorine use.
I use a soap/bleach solution to clean. I use a rag with dry baking soda and rub it around inside the pail for odor control. The powder seems to leave a film on the walls of the bucket and it won't hurt anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top