JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 5G emblem turned on this week on my verizon phone. I've been testing it out, it's extremely fast and better than my home wifi (xfinity).

Anyone else been testing it? Thoughts?
True 5G or the faux 5G that was rolling out in places that was merely enhanced 4G?

Need Speedtest screenshot :)
I wouldn't mind a 5G connection here, our home network is 475/12.

I have no idea.

Here is a speed test I just did Screenshot_20210110-154409_Chrome.jpg

Man, I dunno.

My current connections, which haven't changed in 6+ years, seems more than fast enough for me.

Whatever, as long as I don't have to spend more money!

If the offer T-Mobile has been rolling out works the way they claim it will be great. Love to see some competition roll in. When I lived in the City years ago they rolled out their own fiber cable. The single provider we had then said it would take 5 years for them to give us fiber. City rolled theirs out and all of a sudden the other one did too. Then we had a choice. Missed that when I moved and had to go back to concast with no choice.

I have no idea.

Here is a speed test I just didView attachment 805536
True 5G will be 5x that and more.
You're on enhanced 4g

What device you using?

Reference is my house, low signal for any carrier. Outside of my hole I average 15-20% faster on LTE. Verizon towers.
This phone is not a 5G phone.

C58D93B3-338F-4540-91F6-5038BE5BAD46.png 04786F19-D19D-4068-955F-7C56F9178F1D.jpeg

and home internet:
(5G should be almost this fast)
B5878472-6689-4435-97F0-60C0EEF4E3C8.jpeg

Last Edited:
True 5G will be 5x that and more.
You're on enhanced 4g

What device you using?

Reference is my house, low signal for any carrier. Outside of my hole I average 15-20% faster on LTE. Verizon towers.
This phone is not a 5G phone.

View attachment 805596 View attachment 805598

and home internet:
(5G should be almost this fast)
View attachment 805599
That is good, very good speed. Just checked my home speed, using concast (xfinity) and mine is less than half that with just me on line right now. Mine lets me stream in HD at this speed so you should be cooking along with most anything you want to do with that kind of bandwidth.

Ah, sounds like the service is there just not the actual speed.

And @Alexx1401we pay $70/month for this service. Flat rate, no TV, nothing else 'bundled'.
We pay $90 something, comes to little over $100 after the taxes. IIRC this was their second tier of service here. At times there are 3 people all streaming at the same time and it gives us enough to keep all going with IIRC 150 G a month. When I check it we so far have not come near using too much. It's just the net, we long ago kicked the cable TV to the curb, just stream. Currently using google for TV DVR and that is like $65 a month now. If not for the Wife I would kick that to the curb too. I almost never use the damn thing and I would be find with just streaming. Wife wants to record a LOT of stupid shows I can not stand but she watches them while I am at work so I don't care :D
If they come up with something in my area that uses Cell and will work I would gladly give it a try.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top