Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

594 sting operation?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 21, 2015.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Does anyone have any knowledge about any possible 594 sting operations going down in Vancouver? I know they recently did similar ones to catch people selling privately to Oregon residents but had not heard of any relating to 594. I just had a really shady experience with a guy that makes me think they might be setting people up.

2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Well that is the whole goal of their B.S. gun control, to turn gun owners into criminals,,,

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not heard of any but Id go with your instincts.

edison bulb and Riot like this.
  4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I did...and when we got to 311 Tactical he was eager to cancel the deal and bail.

5. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

If he was going to bail when you got to the FFL, I am betting it was a stolen firearm.

Brutus57, Riot, 3MTA3 and 1 other person like this.
  6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Was he the buyer or seller? Perhaps not a sting, but maybe a prohibited person, someone that knew he couldn't pass a background check, or maybe didn't want that kind of light shined on him.

7. Gunguy45

Gunguy45 Well-Known Member

IT'S A GROSS MISDEMEANOR.

NAME ME a law enforcement organization that's going to organize a "sting operation" to catch someone on a gross misdemeanor.

(prostitution excepted), because "vice squads" are always trying to justify their scummy existence. GOD FORBID someone get laid and pay for the privilege with something other than the customary dinner ($100) flowers ($50) and drinks ($50).

Nope, that $200 to a working girl, THAT is a CRIME.

8. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I dont know man, I wouldnt put it past those scum sucking antis.

2ndtimer, orygun, WilliamIV and 3 others like this.
  9. Gunguy45

Then name the LE organization that would waste their time on this.

10. YoungBlood

YoungBlood SW Washington Active Member

Personally I wouldn't put it past any of the alphabet fedbeasts, after seeing the millions upon millions of wasted dollars in the prosecution of motorcycle club members. It's the government, why wouldn't they waste their time and our money? Gotta get the headlines to prove to the sheep that it's justice, not just us.

11. Gunguy45

NAME ME ONE fed LE organization which has EVER gone after ANYONE on a state-only violation. Yes, your paranoia is obvious and unsupported by any remote connection to FACT.

12. YoungBlood

Paranoid or not, I was just giving my opinion as you have done. Point is the OP was feelin weird on a deal and thought it may have been a sting operation. Just because it never happened before doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

orygun, ZA_Survivalist and x2ndxall like this.
  13. Gunguy45

Ya, I apologize if I sounded like I was slamming you. That wasn't my intent.
    But no, I don't think anyone needs to worry about 594 "sting" operations.

It's a lot of resources for a no-crime that will get more criticism than praise.

14. YoungBlood

No worries, just wanted to point out that the feds don't seem to have a problem burning through cash faster than they bring it in on boolshyte cases, whether or not they will be flamed in the media, which they don't have to tell in the case that they are completely wrong and blatantly abusing their power.

Hey Penguin, was the guy buying or selling? Without putting all the details on a public forum you may save a future buyer/seller from getting busted even if the guy has a checkered past, which was probably the case.

15. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

It's only a misdemeanor for the first offense...and it is a charge for each gun, not transaction.

16. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh - I just assumed the reluctant party was the seller.

In which case he wouldn't care about a BGC, but would care about it showing up on a stolen list or later having his name on record as selling it.

17. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Ya know, if they just passed a law against being a douche (in general), then I'm sure that would prevent all crime, yeah? :rolleyes:

NONAME762 and Joe13 like this.
  18. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

How about the ATF seizing toy guns because they claimed they could be turned into functional firearms.
    How about the state police using a helicopter to catch speeders, which is a violation not even a misdemeanor.

308 and IronMonster like this.
  19. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I don't think how ever much they would like to the Feds can investigate or prosecute a state crime. I594 is not a federal law, the Feds have no jurisdiction or ability to intervene

Redcap likes this.
  20. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Are there lists on line to check #s on possible stolen guns before a person buys? It seems with a smart phone or iPad one could access such a list before buying? If one gets a sketchy vibe from the seller....

Brutus Out