JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My girlfriend lives with me, we are not married. My girlfriend is on my health insurance as a domestic partner we live as if married but are not. Is she considered immediate family since we are not married, If we go out target shooting and she has a firearm that I purchased is that now a crime? If she takes one of the pistols out of the safe for protection ( she has a concealed carry lic). Is that legit? How would they know if I gave it to her last year or on Dec. 6th ??

Says:
(5) "Family or household member" means "family" or "household
member" as used in RCW 10.99.020.

RCW 10.99.020 says
(3) "Family or household members" means spouses, former spouses, persons who have a child in common regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time, adult persons related by blood or marriage, adult persons who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past, persons sixteen years of age or older who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past and who have or have had a dating relationship, persons sixteen years of age or older with whom a person sixteen years of age or older has or has had a dating relationship, and persons who have a biological or legal parent-child relationship, including stepparents and stepchildren and grandparents and grandchildren.

Then goes on to say:
(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this
subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents,
children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews,
first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift;

You missed this part:
(4) This section does not apply to:
(f) The temporary transfer of a firearm (i) between spouses or domestic partners;
It would seem that "domestic partner" is covered under RCW 10.99.020 and RCW 26.50.010, but I'm not an attorney.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top