JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>Hi guys -

Hoping to probe the knowledge base for some help on a problem I'm having.

Bought a Mossberg 590A1 new about 3 years ago. Have probably 200-300 rounds through it. Recently installed some new Magpul furniture on it. Since doing so, it has developed a last round failure to feed nearly 100% of the time, where the last round in the tube will jam in the receiver. (See attached picture.) All other rounds feed flawless. Never experienced the problem prior to installing the furniture.

While I was figuring out how to install the Magpul forend, I removed and reinstalled the magazine tube, and I'm wondering if the issue is somehow related to that, but I very firmly reinstalled the tube with a strap wrench and loctited it into place, it's not loose at all. I'm using a fresh extra power mag spring and GG&G aftermarket follower, which move smoothly and push the last round firmly into the receiver. I've had both of those pieces installed since I first bought the gun, and it ran fine with them before. The jam happens when the pump is moving forward trying to move the shell from the receiver to the chamber, not related to drawing the pump back or moving the round from the tube to the receiver. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

<broken link removed>Hi guys -

Hoping to probe the knowledge base for some help on a problem I'm having.

Bought a Mossberg 590A1 new about 3 years ago. Have probably 200-300 rounds through it. Recently installed some new Magpul furniture on it. Since doing so, it has developed a last round failure to feed nearly 100% of the time, where the last round in the tube will jam in the receiver. (See attached picture.) All other rounds feed flawless. Never experienced the problem prior to installing the furniture.

While I was figuring out how to install the Magpul forend, I removed and reinstalled the magazine tube, and I'm wondering if the issue is somehow related to that, but I very firmly reinstalled the tube with a strap wrench and loctited it into place, it's not loose at all. I'm using a fresh extra power mag spring and GG&G aftermarket follower, which move smoothly and push the last round firmly into the receiver. I've had both of those pieces installed since I first bought the gun, and it ran fine with them before. The jam happens when the pump is moving forward trying to move the shell from the receiver to the chamber, not related to drawing the pump back or moving the round from the tube to the receiver. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Your photo isn't included....

Problem could be within your elevator or check the little catches that hold the rounds in place before they are popped back into the lifter.

Sometimes those pieces go awry because a sharp angle is rounded out and needs a little touch up. You have a reliable shotgun it's just that something got goofed

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top