JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing wrong with Wolf. It's used all over, still puts holes in things and will work just fine. Have shot tons of it without problems, except the old green lacquered stuff. I would go for volume personally.

We are going off topic but I have to correct some miss information as I understand things.

The only penetrating rounds in .308 that would go thru body armor are the AP rounds and they will do a heck of a lot more damage then any .223 AP round. The original point was that anything going over 2200fps will NOT penetrate body armor.

"22 cal does much better at defeating body armor than does the 30 cal"

Sorry boss, any plain Jane 30-06 FMJ round will go thru your level 3 body armor - no AP needed. No 22 cal bullet can do that.

"This is wrong. bigger does not mean one shot drops. Shot placement does (head)."

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you again. 50bmg. Snipers aim at center mass now because shot placement doesn't matter when you "go with a bigger bullet".

I could be mistaken but I have never seen a HP 50BMG round...

I didn't say ANYTHING... the post topic is 556/223. And the internet is FULL of examples where the 556/223 defeats body armor IF the velocity is great enough... even handgun ammo will do it (see Liberty Civil Defense Ammo - https://www.full30.com/video/bb4bb9aff53dc8d0be5718c7982bf55b)

Why are you arguing against well known facts and trying to confuse the topic at hand?

I think the AK-47 will be the real winner in the long run, very rugged ( depending on manufacturer) and pretty reasonable for allot of lethality .
My humble opinion the 7.62x39 is pretty devastating round for most hard targets including brick and mortar buildings. Far from me to be a ballistics expert but within medium range that in my head is about 150yards and under the 7.62x39 would be a good stock up for ammo especially since for now its very reasonable.

Agree. Sitting on the deck having coffee the other day and hear some 7.62 rounds rip off on the other side of the river about a mile away. That got me to thinking that needs to be the next item added.

Of course, hearing that I felt compelled to get out a .223 and put a few fast rounds downrange, just kind of marking my territory. :eek: With the leaves coming down sound really carries

Agree. Sitting on the deck having coffee the other day and hear some 7.62 rounds rip off on the other side of the river about a mile away. That got me to thinking that needs to be the next item added.

Of course, hearing that I felt compelled to get out a .223 and put a few fast rounds downrange, just kind of marking my territory. :eek: With the leaves coming down sound really carries
I hear neighbors shooting all the time - including after dark - I have to wonder why they shoot after dark - this isn't predator shooting, it is just someone shooting and shooting and shooting some more. I can tell the difference.

I am not particularly sure this is wise as "marking my territory" lets people know I have guns and ammo. In the future, that may be something that I don't want people to know.

The last shots I have heard were a couple of weeks ago when someone obviously took a deer down by the creek, early in the morning, after dawn.

LeftArrow.png
RightArrow.png
See 2 more pictures
pinit3.png
MSRP:
$315.99
Our Price:
$279.00 (You save $36.99)
SKU:
645611301032c
Vendor:

Brand:
Wolf Ammo
Condition:

Weight:
Rating:
View attachment 261337 ( )
Availability:
This product is in stock if the add to cart button is visible below.
http://ammunitionstore.com/products...il&utm_term=0_7093f43801-e37074eb81-424413645 Image3__81690.1380310974.50.50.jpg Image1__73433.1380310974.50.50.jpg Image2__55654.1380310974.50.50.jpg

Bi-mart has American Eagle XM193 FMJ 55gr boat tail at $6.59/box of 20.... for 5.56mm ammo. limit 4 box per member.
I think that's close to competitive with Wolf ammo?
Wal-Mart has TULAMMO .223 Rem in steel case at the same price ($5.47 per box) as their 7.62x39 ammo in both SP and FMJ flavors.

There is only about 1 yr until you it see all dry up..... happens with a election, tula and steel case wolf going at hi end $$.

Get the best you can, gold wolf if fine and besides when the lead Flys .... Ya wont be so picky when Taking guns , mags and ammo from the DEAD.....

You may get lucky and find a Scar or a Travor! !!

LMFAO

Stacking ammo is a good investment/Hedge against election outcome.

Despite being a mighty mall ninja from behind my keyboard, I'll be the first to go fetal and play possum (while shreaking like a little girl) if the lead flys.

Stacking ammo is a good investment/Hedge against election outcome.

Despite being a mighty mall ninja from behind my keyboard, I'll be the first to go fetal and play possum (while shreaking like a little girl) if the lead flys.
LMFAO

Steel wolf if fine too....
Besides I won't be picking up my brass during the fight!

Regardless of what you get, now's the best time in a year or more for buying 5.56 mm. My wholesalers have been running sales on many of the FMJ variants over the past month or so. Get as much as you can afford and set as much as you can for the inevitable rainy day of ammo availability like we were having a couple of winters ago.....

MK262 is very popular with people who shoot people with 5.56 projectiles for a living. I load my own with close to MK262 velocities using TAC (just a tad under Western Powders manual 5.56 max) and once fired LC brass. Shoots under MOA out of my 1-7 twist DD barrels. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a couple of boxes of the IMI Razorcore 77gr OTM to try out If you don't reload and your AR has a 1-7 barrel. $0.70 a round isn't that much if you're stocking up to protect your family.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/02/27/imi-razor-core-5-56-ammo/

http://www.outdoorhub.com/reviews/2014/06/19/imi-razor-core-77-grain-otm-5-56x45mm-ammo/

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/special-forces-to-civilians-black-hills-mk-262-mod-1-review/

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/cartridges-calibers/4326-black-hills-mk-262-mod-1-a.html

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top