JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Nazis were big on that kind of thing.

Stashes of gold and art and other things.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of secret plan they had to come back, dig them up and start another war.

Towards the end, they were burying all kinds of stuff, and to this day they are still finding it in various places.

It wasn't perfect, and it wasn't anywhere near as popular as the AK, but it was manufactured in the thousands and used in several conflicts decades before the STG-44.

That is my point - not that it was as good as the STG-44 or AK, but rather that it was around and used long before anybody thought about designing the STG or AK.

I.E., there was little that was innovative or unique about any of the Assault Rifles that followed it - they were just improvements on the original idea.

Bear with me as I am retyping this from an actual book: Infantry Weapons by John Weeks

In the chapter entitled Assault Rifles-The true history of the emergence of the assault rifle is purely German, but there is one oddity which, had it survived, would probably have been accepted as the first one of the breed. In 1916 the well known Russian designer, Federov , produced and automatic rifle which he called the Automat....

Brutus Out

The point is that there is a lot of history that people ignore, especially pundits of any given area of expertise - and a lot that they simply repeat.

If you read just about any article about Assault Rifles, you will hear about the AK, and possibly about the STG-44, as if these were new innovations that no one had ever thought about before.

The Nazis were big on that kind of thing.

Stashes of gold and art and other things.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of secret plan they had to come back, dig them up and start another war.

Towards the end, they were burying all kinds of stuff, and to this day they are still finding it in various places.
Or.... They were sold as surplus on the international arms market and just wound up in Syria and had not been distributed yet. In the video it looks like they were in a semi trailer. What would the Nazis being doing stashing 5000 rifles in Syria at that time of the war. One would think if the E. Germans and Yugoslavians kept them in service after the war then there should have been stocks of ammunition on the surplus market too. Probably they were sent to the middle east for use in Arab/Israeli conflicts. I'm trying to remember but I think the Israelis were using German Messersmitts (can't spell) and K98 Mausers and the Egyptians were using Spitfires so why not surplus STG-44s?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top