JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did a little shooting today at 500 and 700 yards.
aqebe2yq.jpg e3apeze7.jpg

Nice! I like the cut away to use as a backstop! You can see the POI splash in the dirt. But shooting across the road could be a legal problem.
That ridge is bound to create some interesting wind scenarios!
It looks like you have custom turrets on your AO scope.

On occasion this one area gets a good cross wind. Nothing too crazy though. Makes longer shots more interesting. The poof of dirt definitely helps shot placement on misses. It also makes for finding slugs pretty fun. There is only one way into the gorge. I would see any sort of vehicle long prior to it coming near the area I place my steel. I also put a road cone at the entrance of this gorge for extra precaution.

If you look close you will see three targets. On at the tip of the barrel on the Mosin picture. That is at 200 yards. Then one in the dirt mound it's faint. That's 500 yards. Then one of to the left in the field. That's the 700 mark target.

I upgraded from a 50 scope to a 100 dollar scow in the Mosin! Should be able to hit that 700 yard mark a little easier now. Before I was calculating everything and praying! Now I should be able to see it as well as hear it.

It always makes things more fun using inexpensive equipment and being able to hit at these distances. :)

One day I'll own a high end precision rifle and a nice US optics or Nightforce. Then I won't have anything to use as an excuse!

Usually just the weekends. Unless I get out early. However I like the weekends more as I can get out there around sunrise. In case to surprise a coyote or something.

Actually, I have many places where I stretch out well past 1000 yards. Most of them are in the Tillamook Forest. ~36 miles from Portland. I do not shoot across roads, water, campsites, people, or structures - all legal shots. I will unashamedly promote some videos I have made at a couple of these locations - see links below. I usually end up shooting alone because I have met so few shooter's who are serious about long distance precision shooting. I live for the challenge, and put a lot of time and $ into finding these places. I much prefer shooting in the forest, rather than at a range, because I love the forest and the diversity of shooting environments and scenarios.
I am open to bribery in the form of reloading powder or projectiles or gas money to support my habit - In exchange for me giving you a guided tour, as well as advice on how to dope your scope properly for these kind of shots, if needed. Also, part of my hidden agenda is to perhaps meet other responsible shooters with similar interests.

Sweet.

Last Edited:
I would be very intrested to find a good place for 400 to 600 yards. Just got discharged from active duty and need to make sure my AR does not get to rusty. I live in cornelius and would love some spots in tillamook state forest area.

Actually, I have many places where I stretch out well past 1000 yards. Most of them are in the Tillamook Forest. ~36 miles from Portland. I do not shoot across roads, water, campsites, people, or structures - all legal shots. I will unashamedly promote some videos I have made at a couple of these locations - see links below. I usually end up shooting alone because I have met so few shooter's who are serious about long distance precision shooting. I live for the challenge, and put a lot of time and $ into finding these places. I much prefer shooting in the forest, rather than at a range, because I love the forest and the diversity of shooting environments and scenarios.
I am open to bribery in the form of reloading powder or projectiles or gas money to support my habit - In exchange for me giving you a guided tour, as well as advice on how to dope your scope properly for these kind of shots, if needed. Also, part of my hidden agenda is to perhaps meet other responsible shooters with similar interests.

I'm on my way out west from Massachusetts and am very interested in getting started in long range shooting. If I were to supply powder, projectiles, AND gas money, could I convince you to show me the ropes?

I have my Form 1s filled out for a suppressor and SBR, just waiting on a WA license to submit with it. I wish I could submit now and say, "Oops, my address changed!" so the clock can start ticking sooner than later.

I d like to thank all those who failed to help PM, after PM, keeping their precious secrets! Been patrolling the woods for weeks now, and
went out again today, and actually found 2 long range spots. 1 by mistake the other by gps 200 to 800 yards, and one offering 100 to 1100 yards. The beauty is both FFP (Final firing position )and target spots are driveable, so I don't have to hike to setup steel targets and then hike back! I really can't believe I found a 1100 yard spot!

And yeah I also found Ren0911's spot!

Firstloc.jpg

Second location
secondloc.jpg

I commend your effort. I do not believe those pictures represent the location I shoot at, I could be wrong, but judging from the pictures I don't believe so.

If you wish to share these or any spots you find that is your right to do so.

Have fun and shoot straight!

I commend your effort. I do not believe those pictures represent the location I shoot at, I could be wrong, but judging from the pictures I don't believe so.

If you wish to share these or any spots you find that is your right to do so.

Have fun and shoot straight!

I didn't post pics of your spot. I posted mine. You sent you a PM of the GPS coordinates of your spot! ;)

I stand corrected that is the spot.

You found it. If you wish to share that is your choice.

If you want to know how to stretch it to 1200 let me know.

I stand corrected that is the spot.

You found it. If you wish to share that is your choice.

If you want to know how to stretch it to 1200 let me know.

I know how to stretch it 1200, that would be the adjacent peak to the left of your bullet impact, shooting down onto where your firing position is. That spot by the way is some bobby lee swagger sh*t :) up on the ridge line, looking down at the valley and the road. Makes one feel operator as f*ck!

Well there you go. Hitting with a 308 makes me smile. I've even toyed with the Mosin at that range, and with my scope, it is more calculated guess and pray.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top