Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

500 Rounds of 9mm reloads

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by HankDiesel, Feb 27, 2013.

1. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

Capture.jpg I have 500 rounds of reloads I picked up off here a while back...Looking to trade for:

Burris Fastfire or similar red dot
    Quality Optics
    AK Mags
    .22 Blazer Ammo
    Or...?

Capture.jpg

2. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Who reloaded them? What is the load data?

3. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

Unknown :cool:

4. plato58

plato58 Portland,OR Member

I have a Bushnell Holo-sight, made in USA, Manufact March 1998, w/ various mounting hardware and some batteries. Also Glock Tritium sites from Tru-glo.

5. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

Bump

6. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

If these were not reloaded by a individual/company, licensed to remanufacture ammo. I suspect they are against the law to sell. Would you let your kids or wife shoot these?

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

What makes you "suspect"?

How come people always seem to "KNOW" the law without checking the laws????????????? It is a VERY simple thing to do these days.

(H4) Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer? [Back]
    Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.
    [18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

8. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

Thanks for looking up that statute. I appreciate the validation.

9. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by validation. It is NOT illegal to sell reloaded ammo without license anymore then it is illegal to sell your rifle without a license unless you are doing it as a "business".

So YES I can sell reloaded ammo without a license as long as it it not "engaging in the business"............. I know ammo prices are up but selling 500 rounds of reloads (even if personal reloads) is FAR from a livelihood.

10. HankDiesel

HankDiesel Oregon Member

Thanks Nwcid!..Plus Im not selling it, Im trading it :cool:

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  11. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Why is it floks like you who have no intention of buying this seem to think anyone is interested in your 2 cents , ie: if you have nothing of value to add to the sale keep it to yourself .
    go kick tires somewhere else

009 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. richardlpalmer

richardlpalmer Kirkland, WA Active Member

Well, I had the same question(s). Was the reloaded by a company or an individual?

Point being, despite what we consider "engaging in business" the other section ("b") covers it clearly -- this is not for personal use. It's being traded or sold, therefore it's clearly not for personal use.

So was this just someone who did reloads and you ended up buying/acquiring them or were they made for resale by a licensed entity? If it were the zombie apocalypse I wouldn't care. But I certainly wouldn't wish a fine/jail time on anyone for something like this -- especially me. :)

That being said, I've heard of people selling ammo like this for reloading purposes. I mean, you could reuse the brass & lead, right? ;)