JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
AA4A4014-5136-4AA1-8454-268E9E794C5B.jpeg we are just finishing a 500 gallon slip in fire fighting unit. It has a fiberglass tank, long hose and reel with nozzle, low hr 10 hp gas powered electric start pump. We are just finishing the final tune on the pump engine after sand blasting and painting the (large) hose reel. This will be a ready to go self contained fire fighting unit designed to slip into a pickup bed and be ready to work. The pump has plumbing allowing it to fill the tank from a water source like a pond or creek. This was used as a backup wildland fire unit in Soap lake Washington. I have several of them so this is surplus to my needs. These are commonly used as standby units in logging operations and meets the legal requirements in most areas. 1750.00. I can usually deliver in most North west areas.

Last Edited:
Pics and dimensions please?

Specs on the pump? How long is the hose?

If I get enough $$ from my timber sale I was thinking of getting something like this before I burn the slash piles this fall (and before my neighbors burn); we had a bit of a scare last summer when some slash piles were burnt in a clear cut about 2 miles away in the middle of June and it flared up after it was left alone - if the TVFR had not been on top of it so quick it could have burnt a good part of the mountain. As it was, it burned four acres - if it had jumped over the highway (the wind happened to be blowing the wrong way for that to happen), it would have been bad.

22987590-mmmain.jpg

But this year all the cuts are to the west of us, including mine, so the wind, would be blowing towards our houses instead of away.

If I can put it on my 8' wide by 12' long flatbed 4x4, or a trailer, I could maybe get the neighborhood to pitch in on the expense too.

Also, we could mix in some retardant and spray the houses to protect them.

There is a large water truck at the cut now that it is fire season, but that will go away when they are done. I won't burn until after the first good rain in October, but I can't speak for the other landowners.

Pics and dimensions please?

Specs on the pump? How long is the hose?

If I get enough $$ from my timber sale I was thinking of getting something like this before I burn the slash piles this fall (and before my neighbors burn); we had a bit of a scare last summer when some slash piles were burnt in a clear cut about 2 miles away in the middle of June and it flared up after it was left alone - if the TVFR had not been on top of it so quick it could have burnt a good part of the mountain. As it was, it burned four acres - if it had jumped over the highway (the wind happened to be blowing the wrong way for that to happen), it would have been bad.

View attachment 477466

But this year all the cuts are to the west of us, including mine, so the wind, would be blowing towards our houses instead of away.

If I can put it on my 8' wide by 12' long flatbed 4x4, or a trailer, I could maybe get the neighborhood to pitch in on the expense too.

Also, we could mix in some retardant and spray the houses to protect them.

There is a large water truck at the cut now that it is fire season, but that will go away when they are done. I won't burn until after the first good rain in October, but I can't speak for the other landowners.
Bump for photo. The tank is sitting in a small trailer we use here at the ranch just to move it around. The trailer is not adaquate to move the tank full.

Thank you. Sold. Curious. What PSI and GPM?
125 PSI @ 20 GPM. It has a defusing nozzle not designed to go too far but sprey a wide swath. The company is blasting on the ski area above Boise to install more snow making equipment and wanted it to stand by in this hot windy weather.

A high pressure fire pump. Thank you. Five hundred gallons sounds ideal. You fill the booster tank until the overloads kiss the frame then go for it. Or have a bigger donor truck.

Retarded, er retired fire engineer. Small ISO Class 1 Fire Department. Long ago, far away. Now just an Old Coot. :)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top