JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PLUS 10 Bucks for the state. Geesch! Life must be real good right now for some of these dealers. There is another one here locally that will only accept from another FFL. That's why I try to purchase FTF. Ken in Corvallis.

Vote with you feet and go someplace else. Obviously they don't want to bother with it if they don't make the profit on the sale.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

PLUS 10 Bucks for the state. Geesch! Life must be real good right now for some of these dealers. There is another one here locally that will only accept from another FFL. That's why I try to purchase FTF. Ken in Corvallis.

Small gun shops are disappearing. Trying doing a transfer at your local Wal-mart, Bi Mart, Fred Myers or fill-in-the-blank box store. I bet of you did repeat business with your local shop I bet that fee would be less.

SF-

I actually transfer with a small gun shop and the fee is 20 bucks. 10 for the state and 10 for the owner. I just mentioned the $50 because I felt it was so out of line. I called a shop for a price on a Sig and the $50 came up in small talk. I'll never buy a thing from them.

Some people are just out for your money (no surprise there). I tried to ask about a transfer with Hole-In-The-Wall in Kennewick...they said the transfer fee is 10% of the cost of the firearm.

WHAT?!!!

So if I buy a rifle for $100 I only have to pay $10, but if I buy a rifle for $1,000 I have to pay $100?!

W-T-F OVER?!

I'm happy at $30. Any more and I feel taken advantage of. If I have several firearms on the same form, I expect some sort of deal. I have never paid more than $75, no matter how many I've transferred at one time. I've transferred up to six at one time (estate)...

Devil's advocate

So I was at the gun shop and the guy had a sweet little 357 blackhawk 3 screw he just bought for $250.Said he would sellit to me right now for $300
Feels bad if he don't make at least $50 on a sale....

See where I'm going with this?
What does the gun shop care? You already took money out of their pockets by buying the gun some place else.
And they want to make money.
How much is your time worth? How long does it take to do all the paper work of a transfer?

Sure $25 is great,but where can you find any shop of any kind that only charges $50hr for anything?
Now is the shop owner selling anything while he is messing around with the gun YOU BOUGHT FROM SOMEONE ELSE? Nope

Kind of like the employees complaining about how much the owner makes

Get your own FFL and open a shop,get the bonding and loans and start your own business and see what things really cost

Or quit complaining.

i really hate to see this transfer "gig" getting out of hand --believe it or not i'v two guys here in prineville that i worked with for 25 yrs. NO CHARGE EVER !!!!!!!!--and both will receive from non ffl's--
it's not just gun shops that maintain ffl's ! their are a lot of private people out their that have their ffl's -- post ad on craig's list for ffl's and see what you come up with ---- competiton could get tough !!

my thoughts only .....steven

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads