JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Armalite
Caliber
50 BMG
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Looking for a .50 Cal rifle.

Not super picky about brand. AR50 would be great but I'm open to anything (not looking for blackpowder though).

If your looking to free up some extra cash before the holidays and have a 50 cal let me know!

Regards,

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Looking for a .50 Cal rifle.

Not super picky about brand. AR50 would be great but I'm open to anything (not looking for blackpowder though).

If your looking to free up some extra cash before the holidays and have a 50 cal let me know!

Regards,
I recently purchased a Big Horn Armory model 89 in .500 S&W Magnum. 50 Beowulf uppers run WAY under that cost. Not sure if you are wanting just a 50 BMG, if it has to be a semi auto...

I like 50cals, but I currently have no use for a 50 BMG. (No place to shoot it, and not the eyesight to do it justice if I did.)

Thanks to both of yall for replying.

Re: Wombat I'm not limiting my search to only BMG. I was actually leaning away from semi auto just for cost reasons but I wouldn't turn that down either..

Obviously this is more of a "fun" purchase than a practical one but you make a good point about it being difficult to find a place to shoot BMG.

Re: mechanic thanks for the link. I thought about that route but my normal ffl is currently not taking transfers (overwhelmed with checks already).

Anyone have an opinion on Serbu's line of 50s?

Thanks again,

I recently purchased a Big Horn Armory model 89 in .500 S&W Magnum. 50 Beowulf uppers run WAY under that cost. Not sure if you are wanting just a 50 BMG, if it has to be a semi auto...

I like 50cals, but I currently have no use for a 50 BMG. (No place to shoot it, and not the eyesight to do it justice if I did.)

Thanks to both of yall for replying.

Re: Wombat I'm not limiting my search to only BMG. I was actually leaning away from semi auto just for cost reasons but I wouldn't turn that down either..

Obviously this is more of a "fun" purchase than a practical one but you make a good point about it being difficult to find a place to shoot BMG.

Re: mechanic thanks for the link. I thought about that route but my normal ffl is currently not taking transfers (overwhelmed with checks already).

Anyone have an opinion on Serbu's line of 50s?

Thanks again,
Meh. It may be hard to find a "suitable" place to shoot .50bmg, but it's not like you can't shoot it, anyway. When I bought my Barrett, I took it to my friend's house and we shot it at maybe 100 feet just for the fun. You don't need a good reason to own one, just a chunk of money.

I would stay clear of cheap .50s that are bought for the sake of cheap. Spend the money. Remember, this round has almost 13k ft/lb of energy. Burns a couple hundred and change grains of powder and fires a well over 600 grain projectile. If you haven't seen it, there's a video of a guy who bought a cheap, Turkish .50 and launched the bolt backwards into his neck. Not onto, as in ouch, into as in, blood and emergency room.

You make a very solid point.

Meh. It may be hard to find a "suitable" place to shoot .50bmg, but it's not like you can't shoot it, anyway. When I bought my Barrett, I took it to my friend's house and we shot it at maybe 100 feet just for the fun. You don't need a good reason to own one, just a chunk of money.

I would stay clear of cheap .50s that are bought for the sake of cheap. Spend the money. Remember, this round has almost 13k ft/lb of energy. Burns a couple hundred and change grains of powder and fires a well over 600 grain projectile. If you haven't seen it, there's a video of a guy who bought a cheap, Turkish .50 and launched the bolt backwards into his neck. Not onto, as in ouch, into as in, blood and emergency room.

Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated!

[

QUOTE="Wombat of Doom, post: 2688763, member: 45175"]
I would check out BHA. Model 89 - 500 S&W - Big Horn Armory Hickock45 does a good review on it, and mine is on order. I love the levers. Also, my 500 S&W TC Encore packs a wallop. That is a heck of a lot cheaper way into the 1/2 inch club.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.