JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
PRICE REDUCED - $300 OBO - SOLD $300

My first career job was in Jackson Hole, WY. Man, twist my arm off and beat me! While living there some 37 years ago, got interested in black powder guns because my friends who were part of the Mountain Man club told me it'd be a blast. So, hang on to your pants, bought a Sears Hawken .50 Caliber rifle. My friends helped me with the bluing (actually browning) of the barrel, proper seating and then sight alignment. Then told me to throw away the instructions as to powder load as they were useless and to prove a point, we loaded the gun up according to the instructions. Hell, ya couldn't hit a barn 50 feet away. So, we then started adding to the powder charge until we got that sweet definite crack upon fire, similar to shooting a 30/06. Wow, talk about accurate. We then went target practicing and adjusted both trigger sets. Mine was set so that all you had to do is barely touch it. Shooting eggs at 50 yards, this was a big help. I only missed 2 out of 24 using round balls. Never got a chance to run maxi balls through it as I've been told that they are even more accurate. I doubt if I could even see an egg these days at 50 yards. I'm 70. My friends wanted me to enter the Grovont mountain man, just outside of Jackson Hole, turkey shoot. Job got in the way, so never did. My friends were really impressed with the accuracy of the Miroku barrel.

I've read reviews from people who said these guns were not accurate. I would differ with them and bet they never figured out the proper powder load to use. Everything I've seen is that the Miroku barrel is very well made and accuracy is incredible. I'd bet my life on this rifle.

This .50 caliber Hawken rifle has a browned 15/16" x 29" octagon barrel with 1:48 twist and fitted with factory sights. The P grade Select Hardwood stock is mounted with brass furniture, including a patch box. The factory engraved percussion lock is activated by double set triggers and is high lighted with gold wash in the engraving. Length of pull is 14-1/4", overall length is 46-½", and weight is 8 lbs . Factory wood to metal fit - made in Japan for Sears & Roebuck by Miroku.

I have a couple boxes of round balls, powder, wad material, caps, and miscellaneous equipment.

I was going to leave this with my son, but he was killed last December. He was in the Air Force.

Asking $350 OBO

Also have a Remington 878 Automaster 12 gauge w/full choke and ammo listed.

edited.jpg edited-2.jpg

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top